Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
My intention is not to bash Sig but it does seem that their 2 latest handguns are having maybe more than their fair share of issues. Of course there can be problems with new releases but I have to say that the 2 biggest problems I'm seeing could/should have been evident in testing.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Wouldn't it be really great if people would just stop dropping their pistols?
I agree but there are issues beyond people dropping their pistols. I have read a couple reports of the 320? blowing up, of course could be ammo related. Also the 365 has quite a few reports of breaking firing pins. Tim shows the possible/likely cause in the video I posted.

Like I said, I'm not looking to bash Sig. I don't have any personal experience with them but always thought of them as being a top tier firearm but it does seem as though they are having more than their fare share of problems lately.

·
Registered
15,137 Posts
Should be interesting to see how the judge handles the class action case.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Wouldn't it be really great if people would just stop dropping their pistols?
Yeah especially when getting jiggy, doing hand/head stands, or back flips with a gun in a holster with poor Level I retention. Of course there is the butter-fingered busterd with 10 left thumbs for fingers who can't even hold their car keys much less a pistol.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
345 Posts
The most troubling thing to me is that whe the Army discovered intesting that the gun could fire when dropped SIG did not Immediately warn owners. Perhaps a recall was not necessary until the defect was verified. But the fact there was pseudo recall, the is a voluntary modification, leads me to believe they just made CYA decisions.

The probability of dropping a pistol is much greater for combat troops and LEOs. They deserve better tha CYA nonsense.

Reactions: Ralph_Kirk

·
Super Moderator
20,004 Posts
Should be interesting to see how the judge handles the class action case.
The judge? I hope CNN can handle the story with regards to keeping the facts straight. Next thing we know CNN will be claiming that all water pistols leak and squirt when dropped - just like GLOCKs!

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I will be keeping my PT111G2, not a fan of Sig, will see what happens to them after Taurus was dragged through the mud.....................

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Strangely, no mention of a similar problem with 1911 pattern pistols. Ohh, that's right, 1911s are not cool!!!

·
Super Moderator
20,004 Posts
Wasn’t the P320 SIG’s first foray into striker fired pistols? My non 1911 SIGs are the traditional DA/SA hammer and I just really can’t see a reason to get a P320 to replace my M11A1 as a Carry 9mm.

For all those salivating over SIG’s P365, might want to investigate the Gun drop QA of this newer striker fired SIG.

·
Registered
36,765 Posts
all I can say is if and when I run across a Sig 365 I may be the forum beta tester along with mingaa!
I'll take my chances on a sig might near any day of the week and their customer service system.

·
8,874 Posts
Sig, like other manuf have had problems with other models as well. To me the issue with the 365 dragging the firing pin, is a show stopper. I mean how can you trust your life to a pistol , that may break a firing pin at any time, because of a design flaw. So I decided to spend the money I was setting aside to get another subcompact high Cap pistol. Should have a G2C in by tomorrow. I would still like to get a 365, but gonna have to wait until Sig comes clean and redesigns the breech and striker.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I agree but there are issues beyond people dropping their pistols. I have read a couple reports of the 320? blowing up, of course could be ammo related. Also the 365 has quite a few reports of breaking firing pins. Tim shows the possible/likely cause in the video I posted.

Like I said, I'm not looking to bash Sig. I don't have any personal experience with them but always thought of them as being a top tier firearm but it does seem as though they are having more than their fare share of problems lately.
Have you heard of others beside the one I posted about the other day?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I don't know which is worse... The fact that so many modern pistols aren't drop safe or the fact that drop safties are necessary.

I've only had a pistol fall to the floor on me once, and it was thanks to the crappy holster it was riding in which I have long since replaced.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I read a posting by a Sig official yesterday on issues with the 365. The failure rate VERY low for these pistols, I believe the figure quoted was .25 percent. (This is as reported to the company by end users). As far as the striker drag problem goes, this often occurs with short barrel pistols, simply a problem with the short action. Yes, there were a number of "bad" pistols. There have been a HUGE number of these pistols produced, however. The more ya make, there more problems there are. Yes, the P320 had a "drop safety" issue. If dropped from a certain height, at a -30 degree angle, it could fire. Mmmmkay. Soldiers and cops, I can see a potential problem. The rest of us-well, I haven't sent my 2 320's in yet, don't know if I will. I don't own a 365, the size difference between the 320 didn't seem worth the money and I had a bajillion 320 mags already (they don't swap.) In truth, I much prefer the hammer fired 250, but I do get frustrated with "experts" on the internet. Have some fun and spend an hour watching people trying to get the 320 to drop fire on Youtube. And take what you hear on the interwebz with a large grain of salt. And I don't really want to hear about the reliability of the 1911. I've had a couple of dozen over the years, and a number have had problems.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
all I can say is if and when I run across a Sig 365 I may be the forum beta tester along with mingaa!
I'll take my chances on a sig might near any day of the week and their customer service system.
Same here. No loaded firearm is completely safe. Yes some are safer to handle than others, but from what I have seen, if I had an early P320, I wouldn't bother sending it in.

TO me it sounds like the old drop a 1911 one very specific way, from a specific height and it might fire sort of things. I still prefer my 1911's without the lawyer parts.

Reactions: rollin thunder
1 - 20 of 49 Posts