Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent study at the "Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai" and published in the recent issue of "The New England Journal of Medicine" found that lockdowns do NOT prevent the spread of Covid. So, Biden will be no better than Twitter and fartbook if he censors this important health information for political gain!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
How dare they, Heresy, cancel them at once comrade. We can not stand for this, People are dying. You must follow or pay a fine or go to re-education camp.. Uhh I mean jail.
The odds of Mt. Sinai being defunded , looted and burned has Las Vegas giving even odds.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
In a recent study at the "Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai" and published in the recent issue of "The New England Journal of Medicine" found that lockdowns do NOT prevent the spread of Covid. So, Biden will be no better than Twitter and fartbook if he censors this important health information for political gain!
'What do you mean, 'IF'? I'd not be surprised to find that Twitter and FB have already re-programed their 'algorithms' to ban, block, or label as 'disputed' any of these references that don't fall in line with their leader's line.

Getting Joe elected wasn't about his great ideas, anyway.

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
There are consequences to losing an election and over the next four years we will see just how dire those consequences will be. If Komrade Madam President Harris says lockdown, then facts be damned lockdown it will be.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Lockdowns do not help, neither do masks.

Everything you need to know about Covid-19 you learned in Kindergarten.

Wash you hands, cover your mouth when you cough, keep yourself healthy by eating right and exercising, avoid those that are sick.

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Lockdowns do not help, neither do masks.

Everything you need to know about Covid-19 you learned in Kindergarten.

Wash you hands, cover your mouth when you cough, keep yourself healthy by eating right and exercising, avoid those that are sick.
Well that's it then, if we're going to have to eat right and exercise then I'm all for the lockdown.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Lock downs prevent the spread of freedom.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
'What do you mean, 'IF'? I'd not be surprised to find that Twitter and FB have already re-programed their 'algorithms' to ban, block, or label as 'disputed' any of these references that don't fall in line with their leader's line.

Biden has NOT been elected yet. He's been declared the victor by the media, not the political process.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Both those organizations have websites. I can't find a mention of it at either. You'd think it'd be front page. But a search also turned up nothing. From reading The Ichan Schools Research section it wouldn't seem that sort of study was in their wheelhouse.

Until I see it on their own site I think I'll dismiss it.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Biden has NOT been elected yet. He's been declared the victor by the media, not the political process.
True. I would have been clearer had I said, ‘Joe’s campaign wasn’t about his great ideas.‘

Had Joe been officially recognized as the winner, I probably would have said, ‘Joe’s election . . . etc.’

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lock downs prevent the spread of freedom.
And increase the rates of depression and other mental illness. Perhaps the real goal is to have a generation of medicated co-dependant sissies that will follow future instructions without question. It is 1984 after all.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Lock downs in some areas and no lock downs in others is kinda like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both those organizations have websites. I can't find a mention of it at either. You'd think it'd be front page. But a search also turned up nothing. From reading The Ichan Schools Research section it wouldn't seem that sort of study was in their wheelhouse.

Until I see it on their own site I think I'll dismiss it.
Ummm, New England Journal of Medicine might be a better source to search . . .They, after all, published the study.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Ummm, New England Journal of Medicine might be a better source to search . . .They, after all, published the study.
I did. Can't find it. Of course it might be a technicality. They don't stop the spread. They only inhibit it.

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
True. I would have been clearer had I said, ‘Joe’s campaign wasn’t about his great ideas.‘

Had Joe been officially recognized as the winner, I probably would have said, ‘Joe’s election . . . etc.’
But I heard he has a plan!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Try this one

Not sure which search engine you use, I use DuckDuckGo, and when I entered "Icahn School of Medicine at Mt Sinai Covid study" this NEJM article popped at the top of the page of search results.
I used the search feature on their site.

That's probably it, but it doesn't seem to come to the conclusion presented.

The Icahn School only had a supporting role in data analysis. Granted that's not really material. Reading the study it just seems to be about seeing how the virus spreads under the conditions Marine Corps recruits encounter. Not about whether or not lockdowns are effective.

"Our study showed that in a group of predominantly young male military recruits, approximately 2% became positive for SARS-CoV-2, as determined by qPCR assay, during a 2-week, strictly enforced quarantine. Multiple, independent virus strain transmission clusters were identified. Shared rooms and shared platoon membership were risk factors for transmission. ...."

Skip on down to results. I can't get "Lockdowns have no effect" out of anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you all moved over to Parler, MeWe and Rumble? Uncensored by the

Have you looked at Parler, MeWe and Rumble for uncensored discussions?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts