Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Waste Management today to complain about their rates. They gave me a paperless discount. I asked if there were any other discounts I could use. The nice lady asked if I was currently in the military or retired from the military or discharged. Nope. Then the lady asked if I was 60 yrs old or older. Nope. Then the lady asked if my birthday is in the next 3 months. Nope.
She kindly, gently asked when my 60th birthday is to which I said next February. She said I needed to call in January to start that discount. Ugh, I guess I have to face reality I'm getting old. I'm already broken might as well get old.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
You are getting older but you are not old.
Old is when you wake up and you are not feeling pain anywhere until you try to move anything except your eyelids.
Old is when as soon as you wake up you have to hurry to the bathroom, fast.
Old is the relief you feel is getting there on time.
Really old is not getting there in time.

I am old.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me, everything hurts all the time and even as everything hurts the mad rush to the bathroom hurts. But life is good.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
Being "old" is relevant to your lifestyle. When you've physically hit the wall, so to speak and can't do any of the things you've always enjoyed, you're old regardless of how young you are.

·
Super Moderator
13,808 Posts
I am not old.

The tent I inhabit, however, is within a few years of seven decades since new. The walls are stretched, the floor is worn through, and the last of the original window glass panes will be replaced in a couple of weeks. The tent pole is a little bit bent, and it may have a few unseen cracks; it does not have the strength that it used to.

But I, the person living inside of this tent, am not old.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
Because of what I did, what I'd always known as "life" ended at a relatively young age. Heck of it is...:dunno:...it was like somebody threw a switch. Nothin' came on incrementally or gradually. It was pretty much like one evening things were just as always but the next morning...:sad:...I was done. :unsure:...oughta' be some kinda' law against that.

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
I got old in 2014 at least that's what my body tells me. I would have even gone to Sand Lake 1 if my wife didn't tell me she'd off me as soon as we left the metroplex. Just a simple trying to avoid a car accident and a backhand across my chest and that's all it would've taken. Now I only push my limits doing things she won't do ( like putting on a roof)

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
Remember Bob Hope, the actor, comedian, singer, dancer and golfer? The beloved comedian lived to be 100, passing in 2003. Here are a few of his witty comments on aging and his life:

On Turning 70 “I still chase women, but only downhill.:

On Turning 80 “That’s the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.”

On Turning 90 “You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.”

On Turning 100 “I don't feel old. In fact, I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap.”

On Giving Up His Early Career, Boxing “I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.”

On Golf “Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.”

On Never Winning An Oscar “Welcome to the Academy Awards, or, as it’s called at my home, ‘Passover.’”

On Presidents “I have performed for 12 presidents but entertained only six.”

On Why He Chose Showbiz For His Career “When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, ‘Congratulations, you have an eight pound ham.’”

On Receiving The Congressional Gold Medal “I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it.”

On His Family’s Early Poverty “Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother.”

On His Six Brothers “That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.”

On His Early Failures “I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn’t for the stuff the audience threw at me.”

On Going To Heaven “I've done benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.”

https://www.hartsvillenewsjournal.com/index.php/opinions/item/witticisms-on-aging-life-by-bob-hope

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
I forget which comedian said it, but the thing about growing old is that the only things that don't hurt...don't work.

The best antidote to aging, I think, is to be able to keep finding humor in life and laughing.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I forget which comedian said it, but the thing about growing old is that the only things that don't hurt...don't work.

The best antidote to aging, I think, is to be able to keep finding humor in life and laughing.

Yeah? You tell me that when you hit eighty-five. (Years, that is, not on I-90)

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never thought that I would reach 59. I remember in grade school, talking about it with friends. I told them I wouldn't see 45. I guess the joke is on me.

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
Yeah? You tell me that when you hit eighty-five. (Years, that is, not on I-90)

If I see 85 it may qualify as a miracle...call me Saint Czechbikr! :D

Reactions: Steyr

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Just wait, What hit me was the other day looking at "Used" play station II games, my step son 23 was home at the time I was like hey that was a great movie been out not to long ago, he was all like ah dad I was like 8 when mom RENTED that movie. Furthermore what is this VHS and VCR you mentioned??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts