Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear sight on your PT 99 and PT 101.

I just found the pin holding the front of mine broken. No reason to lose it or the parts it holds down.

:rant:

A 1/16" X 1/2" spring pin seems to work well, but doesn't last as long as the solid (tapered?) original.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled programing.

Reactions: Wino and darbo

·
Registered
8,799 Posts
Rear sight on your PT 99 and PT 101.

I just found the pin holding the front of mine broken. No reason to lose it or the parts it holds down.

:rant:

A 1/16" X 1/2" spring pin seems to work well, but doesn't last as long as the solid (tapered?) original.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled programing.
The solid pin is not tapered - it is a gnarled (some deformation)on one end to retain in hole. 1/16" x 1/2" a tad short. My spare per caliper is 16 MM length (5/8" or 0.626 actual) and 1.5 MM dia. (1/16" or 0.060 actual). I would think a 1/16" SS roll pin x 1/2 or 5/8" length would be sufficient if can't obtain actual from Taurus.

I've posted before that rear sight for the Taurus Tracker, pin and spring is the same sight used on PT99 and PT101 at least for models made from early 90's on. It is different on some older models. I bought two of these for spares for my PT99's along with spring/pin. Best I can tell should be a direct replacement - or close enough that no mods should be required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts