Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eschewing carbohydrates since January (I was CHEWING them a lot prior ;) ). I've lost 10% of my then weight and dropped my A1C from 6.2 to 5.8, which was the main driver for trying something different. What I was doing before just wasn't working. I'll know more in a couple of months with the six month blood tests for new prescriptions.

I make this as a double recipe once per week and will have one usually for breakfast with eggs and meat in the format du jour. I do miss apricot jam and orange marmalade. but these are really good with some cream cheese on top. The batter is sticky so use two spoons to portion it on the parchment paper, one of the best inventions known to mankind. I add a tsp of baking powder to give it some loft and other recipes call for herbs and/or spices, such as rosemary, oregano, garlic, etc. I haven't tried that permutation yet.

flatbread recipe.jpg

FB batter.jpg

FB pan.jpg

FB finished.jpg

Here's a link that shows the spices added.

https://tasty.co/recipe/keto-friendly-flatbread

·
Registered
875 Posts
That looks pretty good...for diet type food.
I've had to change my diet recently for very similar reasons, and I'm kind of bored with the same old regimen of food. Gonna have to try this out. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks pretty good...for diet type food.
I've had to change my diet recently for very similar reasons, and I'm kind of bored with the same old regimen of food. Gonna have to try this out. Thank you.
It replaces bread totally for Keto and gluten free people. I've made sandwiches and had open faced burgers on it so far. Really need to try adding herbs and spices to make a mini pizza.

After they cool I put them in a large zip loc bag and keep in the fridge for up to a week...they would probably last longer, but I finish them off by then. ;)

Keto dessert to follow.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
If your reducing carbs but like fried food use ground up Pork Rinds instead of breading for your fried food fix.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 6 of 6 Posts