Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's either "I hate it when that happens" or "It always happens just like that"

SO, I just made a deal on Armslist for a Taurus model 63 and today at the gun show I run across one for a LOT less. :bang: I have not seen one of these in person in 5 years or more.

Oh well Life is good and my new rifle should be here by Thanksgiving. :clap::icon_ banana:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Man ain't that the catch 22?

I'm always scared to buy something because I know that just as soon as I do, I will find what I want cheaper somewhere else - BUT - if I pass on it, somebody else will buy it and I won't ever see a deal like that again...ever!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Kind of like when you put something in a place where you can find it in the future when needed. When needed you can't find it so you buy a new 1 , install it then you find the 1 you originally saved. Enough of my rambling, enjoy the new rifle.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Buy the one that is cheaper also. That way you can average the cost and that will make the first one you bought less expensive. That's the logic my broker uses.

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
SO, I just made a deal on Armslist for a Taurus model 63 and today at the gun show I run across one for a LOT less. :bang: I have not seen one of these in person in 5 years or more.

Oh well Life is good and my new rifle should be here by Thanksgiving. :clap::icon_ banana:
:r_c:The same holds true whether buying a chain saw or a car.

The second you put cash down on a "Good Deal" a "Great Deal" will materialize.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Buy the one that is cheaper also. That way you can average the cost and that will make the first one you bought less expensive. That's the logic my broker uses.
this is also my philosophy! You can always turn around and sell one - but in reality, the 63 is an AWESOME little rifle and there were several configurations of it, so if they were just a tad different, you can justify it because you need to collect all the versions!

Reactions: PreacherRodgers

·
Registered
24,800 Posts
You know you want to buy them both.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will confess. I passed by the rifle at first. Then it was all I could think about. So I went back to but it and it was gone. I was almost the proud owner of both.

AND it was a little different so I could have justified it. But maybe 3 new toys this week would be too many.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Reactions: william

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,898 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I hate it when....

I try to remember to pack up all my stuff to go to the range, and when I get there I realize I left all my ammo at home.

Or the new targets I wanted to try out.

Or the gun I was specifically going to shoot.

Or the wife. That one won't happen again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts