Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, someone posted about a seller that was offering the Smith and Wesson 5906 for sale at a good price, Well, guess what. I bought one and it just arrived today. The gun is well used but seems to be in good condition so now my duty is to go and shoot it. I also looked on line for a walnut grip for it and found a fellow in Florida that sells a really nice one so that is on it's way. I also found a magazine vendor that offers a 5 pack of 15 round magaznes for 50 bucks so that is on the way as well. Thanks for the inspiration. Sorry, can't do pics but it is a really nice gun.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Well, geez...:unsure:...you could at least hold it up so we can see it.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
:nopics:

·
9,101 Posts
Those 5906 surplus deals are hard to pass up. The price is finally down to what I would consider about right, Just last year sellers wanted $400-$600 for them. IF I hadn't just picked up a used Tristar C100 - I would have bought a 5906.

Reactions: jwc007 and kruizer

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A while back, someone posted about a seller that was offering the Smith and Wesson 5906 for sale at a good price, Well, guess what. I bought one and it just arrived today. The gun is well used but seems to be in good condition so now my duty is to go and shoot it. I also looked on line for a walnut grip for it and found a fellow in Florida that sells a really nice one so that is on it's way. I also found a magazine vendor that offers a 5 pack of 15 round magaznes for 50 bucks so that is on the way as well. Thanks for the inspiration. Sorry, can't do pics but it is a really nice gun.
You're welcome

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts
Hey, that's what us enablers do, and we do it very well! ;)

Congratulations on your new-to-you S&W 5906 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

BTW, if you don't mind posting about it, where did you find that deal on those Magazines? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
The 5906 was an EXCELLENT 9mm pistol. I have several magazines for one SOMEwhere I'd GIVE away. I might just hang on to 'em, though. Never know when I'll run across a 5906 that I'd just HAVE to have. :D I got these aftermarket mags for my Kel Tec P11 which was supposed to handle 'em, but it didn't. They wouldn't latch in well. I think they're Pro-Mags, not the greatest.

·
Registered
28,104 Posts
Periodically I decide to sell mine, but I always test fire for function before selling.

Then I don't sell it.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, that's what us enablers do, and we do it very well! ;)

Congratulations on your new-to-you S&W 5906 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

BTW, if you don't mind posting about it, where did you find that deal on those Magazines? :confused:
The magazine deal didn't work out. The vendor had a picture of five mags and plural magazines in his ad but it turned out that he was only selling one for 50 bucks so it got sent back. I told him his ad was misleading and he said as much as "too bad so sad" I wound up buying three 15 rounders from Midway USA for 20 bucks apiece. Thet are blued but I don't care about that.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
No Kruizer...you're to blame. Remember that vintage Hi Power you sold me a while back? I liked it so much I bought a second Hi Power two or three months ago...almost the same year. Not quite as pristine as the one I bought from you, but that's why I got it. I wanted one that was nice, but not so nice I was timid about using it. Those two guns are my favorite semi-auto pistols.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Kruizer...you're to blame. Remember that vintage Hi Power you sold me a while back? I liked it so much I bought a second Hi Power two or three months ago...almost the same year. Not quite as pristine as the one I bought from you, but that's why I got it. I wanted one that was nice, but not so nice I was timid about using it. Those two guns are my favorite semi-auto pistols.
I am really glad your are enjoying the Hi Power. You know that gun is doing nothing but making money for you.

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The 5906 was an EXCELLENT 9mm pistol. I have several magazines for one SOMEwhere I'd GIVE away. I might just hang on to 'em, though. Never know when I'll run across a 5906 that I'd just HAVE to have. :D I got these aftermarket mags for my Kel Tec P11 which was supposed to handle 'em, but it didn't. They wouldn't latch in well. I think they're Pro-Mags, not the greatest.

I held on to some PT 100 mags for about 10 years before I bought another PT 100 to keep them company. They were well behaved and didn't eat a lot, so I kept them around.:loco::loco:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts

That was a nice High Power. He offered to sell it to me but I was broke. It has found a good home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts