Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coworker with an Italian marked 92FS. It looks like it was one of the PD trade-ins, however, it's in very good shape. He was looking for a .22 rifle for his kid, and I may be able to nab it from him for one of mine. It comes with 3 factory mags(two are milsurp M9 mags). We were talking earlier tonight, and the "cash on my end" came up. The rifle I have is a Remmy pump that has been modified for a scope(pro job, not a garage hack), stock/fore-end replaced, original buttplate lost, and sights changed out. Local shop appraised it at around $300 due to the mods. I looked, and Italian 92 prices are all over the map. What would be a realistic price for a 92FS, 90% bluing left(mostly holster wear, looks like), unknown round count and origin?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I'm no expert but I will surmise that it is worth $250 to $300. At least that is what my Italian made SS 92FS is worth.

·
Registered
432 Posts
What caliber is that Remington? I had a .30-06 back when but sold it. Man, if I only had all the guns I let go. Anyway, looking around, that Beretta is probably < 300. I wouldn't give any cash on top of the rifle.

·
22,300 Posts
With a pair of older, unique guns like this, firm valuation is difficult. I don't think I'd be willing to add cash myself.

Reactions: jwc007 and darbo

·
8,535 Posts
If it was a 92s surplus then $250 - $300. A good condition 92FS surplus is running $300 - $350. Very good condition $350 - $600. Those are general retail prices. In my opinion, your Remmy pump if in good condition in 22LR and the stocks are nice retail depending on the model would run from $250 up to $800. Here are some gunbroker listings:
Remmy pumps - https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=remington pump 22lr
92FS - https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=beretta 92fs&PageSize=96&Sort=13&View=2&Condition=4

Bottom line if your friend is cash poor but gun well to do, then he needs to trade to get a good 22 for his kids. I would start by offering straight trade, maybe throw in a brick of 22 to sweeten the deal for him.

FYI I just picked up a like new 92 M9 model for $479.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What caliber is that Remington? I had a .30-06 back when but sold it. Man, if I only had all the guns I let go. Anyway, looking around, that Beretta is probably < 300. I wouldn't give any cash on top of the rifle.
Remington .22 Pump. I have 2 of them, and trading off the one that's been chopped on.

Reactions: Kevin Keith

·
Registered
182 Posts
Time flies but I think it was just a couple of years ago that all the surplus Italian 92s came in. They had the bottom mag release and sold for $270 to $300 and that price should not have appreciated a lot in two years. Your rifle's value depends on the condition, despite the modifications but should be at least the same value of the surplus Beretta 92 with the bottom mag release.

I don't think you should have to add money for the trade but should trade even.

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
If it's a surplus gun it'll be marked with an importer's name. From the information given I'd be loath to add much cash to that deal. A brick of .22 maybe. If I had some I didn't like leftover from the hoarding days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts