Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
My guess is it's one bid by the seller and one by a hope to be owner.

At any rate, looks like somebody's gonna get a good deal on an increasingly hard to find piece.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Went for $327.

Not a bad price.

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Pretty decent price and snag!

Now fess up ,somebody. :)
Fess up? If I got a deal like that I would hoot & holler. Of course I would have to wait until I had it and took pictures, I know how you guys get without pictures.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
I was working in a gunshop back in the late '90's when they were on the market and there were 2 basic kinds of folks that bought them back then. The first kind were folks like us that knew what they were getting and wanted a pocket sized powerhouse. The other kind were driven by machismo into getting too much gun. They usually fired a box or so of shells out of it and stuck it in the sock drawer or traded it off. When I got my first one, I was kind of in between the two types. I knew what I was getting but I wasn't certain that I was biting off more than I could chew. That was 15 years and about 50 pounds ago (so I was all of about 165) and I wasn't sure if there was enough of me there to handle the recoil I expected.

·
32,481 Posts
There is some recoil to the .44 Special, but no hard jawbone whack, major shock, or jarring recoil.

There are also recoil dampening shooting techniques that help with some of the jump the 44s have.

I'll have to admit that waaaay in the past the recoil was something that was too easy to worry about.

But after getting the chance to fire full power magnum cartridges what the .44 Special gave out was indeed mild. It still has some kick, but not bad.

The 3 inch guns barreled and longer barreled guns soak up a goodly amount of the kick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts