Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stopped at LGS and picked up a Hi Point 45ACP. Figured it was cheap enough and I figure the bad press may be just like the bad press on Taurus. Went to the range and shot all my guns so there was no serious damage to the ammo level as the shooting was spread out. TCP, 709, 651 and the new Hi-Point. All shot with no problems at all. The Hi-Point only needed a minor tweak on the sights. Shot fine straight out of the box. Trigger was a bit stiff but after about 20 rounds it eased up and was smooth thereafter. Everything was center mass at 30 feet ( TCP I shot ay 21 feet and it was 100% a better group than last time I shot.
If anyone is thinking of the Hi-Point I would say go for it. They also have a lifetime warranty.

I didn't take and shoot the 45LC revolver $$$$$$ on ammo for it.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
:nopics:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
If any one has any problems putting a Hi-Point back together after after removing the slide, let me know and I will post 2 pics on what the problem may be. ( Learned the hard way. )

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
View attachment 45992
View attachment 45993
If any one has any problems putting a Hi-Point back together after after removing the slide, let me know and I will post 2 pics on what the problem may be. ( Learned the hard way. )
God the hi point is hideous but they're affordable and I you pull the trigger and it goes bang than who cares. Very nice.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
And people think Glocks are ugly!! Seriously, nice score!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, it is pug ugly and heavy. All the weight is in the slide so it is top heavy but that does seem to lower the amount of kick. No much can be done to dress it up but I was thinking about making new grips for it. Maybe some painted on scroll work on the upper part of the slide away from the lettering.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
You could sell advertising space on the slide!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the only way to conceal this beast is in a man purse. I guess it will stay home defense.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The first thing you need to do is get over the looks on the thing. :shocked:

I think all the bad stuff is put out buy the people that can't get over the looks. Because everyone that owns them really likes them.

Nice buy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I own a Hi-Point JHP45 too. It's a great shooter that has an undeserved bad rep. Yes it is kind of unattractive, but sometimes willing is preferable to pretty. ;)

Now if you really want to have fun, get a 4595ts carbine and you'll have a pistol and long gun that use the same mags.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I think the only way to conceal this beast is in a man purse...
:D:):icon_ rofl:

Congrats on your newest addition to your armory.

A BG won't be commenting on the appearance of the gun if the business end of it is ever pointed at him. ;)

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
My suggestion on how to make the HiPoint twice as dependable as it already is....Buy a second magazine. They really are great firearms. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if I am facing a bad gun and I'm holding a HiPoint....trust me, it will be a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
One man's ugly is another man's lifesaver. (Not the candy, of course). :gotmyvote:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
One man's ugly is another man's lifesaver. (Not the candy, of course). :gotmyvote:
I think I heard someone say that at a bar at closing time!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts