Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
:thumb:Now that is a thing of beauty.A true work of art. congrats.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
SSWWEEEEETT!!! Congrats! I'm sure we're all anxious for a side by side range report. Happy Shootin' & Be Safe. :)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is one sharp gun, I like the scale look on the slide.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a grip swap and put on a set of rubber finger grip Hogues. This is the first time that I don't know if I like the change from the wood factory grips on a 1911. I gotta say the S&W wood does look nice.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
the E series is very nice,that is one nice pistol. i almost bought and probably will, and i don't care if their 1911's have external extractors. theirs work fine unlike other manufacturers that use or have used external extractors.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Beautiful Smith! I like the stock grips better.

Reactions: dogchild

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on one very fine acquisition!

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol...I vote for the rosewood grips also! Let us in on the range report.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very nice, IMHO stock grips really give it a rich look, but you'll have to decide the one that functions best.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a follow up...the wood S&W grips are back in the 1911 as of around 8pm last evening. The scales and design of the grips were such a great accent to the over all appearence that complimented each other. Yea, I know, pretty don't mean great function at the range. And It should dry out by tomorrow for a little trip to the ranch with some ammo to see if function can match that of Beauty.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Wow! Congrats and best of luck with your beautiful new 1911. :guns:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Nice 1911 you have there! I like the wood grips too, but I'm a little biased with wood grips on the sides of a 1911!

No go shoot the thing and tell us how the new blaster runs

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Nice pair of pistols. As far as the grips, the wood looks better but I'm partial to rubber for functionality. Enjoy those suckers!

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Nice 1911! I'm not normally one for stainless, but that is one I would have no problem forking over the cash for!

Now all you have to do is put some lead down range!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts