Taurus Firearm Forum banner

It came in the mail

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  madmax40 
Congrats on the newly issued license. Now as to a better than an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Well it does two things well, Number one it does not print like the bare pistol does, as it smooths out the outline, and then with the "grippy" texture on the exterior, it holds the pistol upright and ready to draw, rather than possibly being upside down and hard to rapidly get a hold of. I use one for a Kel Tec P3AT, and so far, it has been perfect, doing everything I expected it to do. A buddy of mine uses one for a small frame 5 shot revolver, with equal satisfaction, and lets face it, they are relative inexpensive. I know some of the new super finishes for firearms have helped this problem, but leather tanning solutions usually are not exactly healthy for firearm finishes, and add some body perspiration, to these acids, and you may have some not desirable finish issues. Being from the old school where all holsters were of leather, I fought using them for years, but now do not even look at leather when searching for a new holster, as the man made fabrics are so superior. Most of the better ones have some sort of membrane or coating to prevent body perspiration from getting to the firearm, and this is great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.