Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the first I've heard of that one. I've downloaded all the pics to a public album under my profile for posterity. They aren't showing up just yet but I guess there's an approval needed.

Not sure what that bubba job is on the left side at the bottom of the grip.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789550630

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The Bubba job looks like a lanyard attachment. the Seller has a number of interesting Tauri for sale.. disabled-vet is seller

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bubba job looks like a lanyard attachment. the Seller has a number of interesting Tauri for sale.. disabled-vet is seller
...and they all seemed priced like vintage Smith & Wessons...

·
Administrator
18,420 Posts
The Israelis have been cleaning out their Armories of older and somewhat obsolete handguns again.
Have recently seen some vintage Cz's, Tanfoglio's, and S&W Pistols that have come from there.
Now also a Taurus and there are probably more.

Priced way too high for used Surplus in only "NRA Good" condition!
Even if it were in "NRA Very Good" condition, the price is quite high.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I guess I was under the impression that they manufactured most of their arms. IMI is headquartered there unless I'm mistaken.

·
Administrator
18,420 Posts
I guess I was under the impression that they manufactured most of their arms. IMI is headquartered there unless I'm mistaken.
You would think so, given that IMI, now IWI, manufactures the Jericho Cz/Tanfoglio Clone Pistols and the Tavor Assault Rifle.

Yet, there are still many FN FAL's, M16A1's, M1 Carbines, and other weapons still in service, but many of these are being phased out.
Civilian Armories have even more variety of imported weapons on hand and many of these are also being phased out.

Strangely, the current standard Israeli Military Issue Handgun is the Glock 19.

·
23,214 Posts
When you're a tiny country that the surrounding nations try to wipe off the map whenever they get bored, you tend to use whatever you can get your hands on now and then.

I'd like to have an Israeli handgun one of these days, but it will look better than that... and be priced better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts