1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The tri-pod in the front doesn't make much sense. Unless that is another gun in the background. Can't really tell. Also, I've seen potato cannons that big. It's might be a home made devise for tossing small IEDs or grenades.

·
22,034 Posts
I agree with Raptorboy. That's a single post mount, and I really doubt whatever it is makes ISIL more dangerous than they were before they got it.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Stroker

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I dunno, but it looks like he buys his terrorist wardrobe at walmart.

"Oh yes, the camo pants and this winter hat and the 2 tone GV sweater... i gotta have that for my look..."

Looks like he already sent one through the wall to the far right...

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I recall something similar that i have seen on some show and or news outlet in the past, it was mounted in a pickup truck, and was a anti tank gun, it was similar to this picture
Technical4.jpg

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking recoil-less rifle

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Looks like they hired MacGuyver or the ATeam as their weapons designer... Take some stuff in the garage... slap it together... :D :D :D

Reactions: leejack and Texheim

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
It is more like a single barreled 23mm Soviet designed antiaircraft gun.

There are 2 different 23mm calibers, the older WW2 vintage 23x152 used by the Soviet "Flying tanks" tank busters, and the later 23x115 antiaircraft round, also used to great effect in air to air combat. This is likely the 23x115 round.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
18,576 Posts
The article calls it a "sniper rifle". Strange choice of sights for a "sniper rifle".
Wow, if ya' gotta' use a gun like that...:unsure:...these li'l buggers must be tougher than I thought!

Snipe.jpg

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I would suggest it is noting but a propaganda prop to instill fear in their enemy. REALLY, a sniper rifle!:bs::bs::D:D:D

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
That front tripod didn't look like it was attached to the gun and appeared to have a LMG mount on top of it.:bs:

I'm with the others, this appears to be some kind of single shot antitank gun shooting a light cannon round. If it was being used in a sniping mode, you'd need optics to actually take advantage of its' range advantage.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I think it's a modulated-pulse, immolator-driven coil activated javelin gun.

The history of this weapon goes back to a garage in Detroit around 1902. Cyrus Evelnutter was experimenting with a winch-jack when the coil let go and fired a tire iron through the brick wall and into a fruit stand out in the street. It was quite a mess -- but anyway ... uh - where was I?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I didn't know that Minolta made accessories for rifles...

If it was Canon, then that would be different.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts