Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was qouted a price today for NIB PT 111 9mm Millenium pro @ $290.00 for blue, $ 300.00 for SS, and
$ 370 for Titanium. the website says says there is only a 2 oz. difference b/T the SS and the titanium versions and I know that can't be right. Does anyone Know the TRUE weight of the 3rd generation Millenium pro SS PT 111 and if the Titanium is worth the Extra $70.00? this is my first post in the forum and I look forward to talking to you folks. I am in the Central Florida Area so any local folks feel free to say hi..

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I've not had experience with the titanium versions, but I'm sure you will find the information you are after here!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd believe that there was only a 2 oz difference in weight. The gun is still a polymer frame and they can't make all the metal parts out of titanium, some still need steel.

So, in the auto's, no I don't feel that it is worth the extra money for the Ti. The stainless steel version, yes. Now in a revolver I'd say that its worth the extra money for a lightweight magnum carry gun. But you likely won't enjoy your practice sessions....

Steelheart

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Well howdy slipknot61, welcome to the forum. This is the place to increase your Taurus I.Q. You don't say which town you're in here in Fl. I'm in Largo. We have three ranges nearby, and another in downtown St. Pete. I hope the shootin's as good where you are.
Sorry I can't help with your question, although I'm partial to the stainless. I, too will be watching this post to see what the concensus is.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't think it's worth it to me, but that's only my personal view.

Todd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the replies... I live in Melbourne Florida and we have a few gun ranges here in brevard county and A really nice public range in Sebastian. The prices I was quoted were at a discount( I'm a firefighter and the shop I was at gives discounts for Law enforcment and public safety folks) and I LOVE the stainless model of the PT 111 and tha is definatley what I am going with. Thanks again for all of the help folks. This will be my first handgun purchase and I am totally stoked. My wife just bought a duo tone Bersa thunder.380 for $220 and now it is my turn. We will be getting our CCW in the next few months and we both wanted to have easy to use and extremely reliable pistols and I think we both chose well. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts