Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Today I was re-cleaning my 740 getting ready to shoot it for the first time and I noticed what appears to be a chip or chunk missing from the lower left back part of the slide, just left of the groove (see pic). Is this normal? Will it affect the operation? I haven't even shot it yet as it is new.
Thanks for all your help. IMG_1667.jpg
K

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Just a confirmation of jbtty post - it's normal for both the 709/740.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I know what you mean, my 24/7 G2 has a similar groove but it is even more erratic shaped so I thought it was chipped but after careful observation I determined it was normal and allows the slide to function without hitting inside pieces. Here is a picture of the 24/7 G2 from behind.

P1020020.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats where the ejector pin passes through when you put the gun back together i believe. I think it gets chipped like that if its not lined up right when you reasemble it. Take off your slide then watch the backside there when you put it back together. Youll see what i mean.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the only problem I can see is that your rear sight assembly isn't cranked all the way up to the top. XD

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
It's deliberately milled out at the factory to allow "evil spirits" a port to escape causing one to have only good luck while shooting.:icon_ poke:
:stupid: :icon_ goofy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts