Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used PT 111 mil pro and the polymer was cracked or the rear of the gun. is this an easy fix or will they have to send me a new gun

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
They may just send you a new gun. Not sure, as long as they don't determine it was used for a hammer

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, it's an easy fix: You need to call Taurus CS @ 1-800-327-3776, they will either replace the frame for you or send you a new pistol as said above.

You will need to pay the shipping, though. Taurus can help you on the shipping with discount, just ask the CS rep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have al ready contacted them I sent the gun in this afternoon should be there on friday night. I was just curious how they may handle this problem.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Like I said in post #3. They will try to replace the damaged parts first and if the gun is too old that replacement parts are no longer available, they will replace the whole gun with a newer (but equivalent) model.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does that mean I will have to pay hundreds of dollars for a new one. Mine was made in 2008 according to the serial number look up.

·
Super Moderator
27,125 Posts
Nope they will replace it or repair it FREE!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Taurus!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh im not new to taurus I have several of their guns, I love them how ever this is my first time having to use the warranty.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, they will repair or replace the gun for free thanks to the life time warranty on the gun even when you're not the original owner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's awesome I have been a fan of Taurus for years and i have always had good luck. but you hear about so many horror stories about their customer service that i got nervous. hopefully my experience will be what you describe. I called twice the wait on hold was not terrible i spoke to Joel both times and he explained every thing including the possible 6 week return, but i am law enforcement and included a copy of my ID so Joel said he put a rush on the repair. I thought that was cool of him to offer that.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Taurus replaced the barrels on 2 of my Tauri before. They also replaced a couple of my 24/7 .45 mags. All FREE of charge.

I read in this forum that a member had the cracked frame on his 1st gen MilPro and Taurus replaced the gun with a 3rd gen.

I also love Taurus CS reps. They're nice and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well my gun should arrive by midnite tonight. Should I call on monday or will they call me to tell m'lle they got it?

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Well my gun should arrive by midnite tonight. Should I call on monday or will they call me to tell m'lle they got it?
Just check FedEx tracking on-line if you have the tracking number. They usually don't call you.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
They almost never call you, you'll need to cal them to make sure they keep you updated on the repair status of the gun. I would call once a week on Wed or Thu to get the update.

Edit: Taurus Repair Status Page . I still call them to talk to a live person to get better & more accurate information on the repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts