1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
No just a Millennium

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Now watch the video real close. In the first couple of scenes the gun fires but there's no recoil and the slide does not cycle. In the next couple, the slide cycles but the gun does not fire. Staged do you think? I have both a 145MilPro - my normal carry gun. Matter of fact, I have it right next to me in my desk drawer as I type this - and a 24/7 DS. I trust both of them. I am proud to say that I have never in my life (and I've been shooting for over 50 years) dropped a gun. Will it ever happen? Don't know. But what I do know is that it damn sure looks like this whole class action law suit is being brought to by the same folks who bring you "Bad Drug" class actions. If you are careful and watch what you're doing, it's a non issue. There are a lot of guns without hammer or firing pin blocks which will fire if dropped on or near the hammer/striker. If that video is all that's keeping you from buying a Taurus, then I would opt for a cap pistol.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ahhhhh...come on....would you really test a gun with a fully charged round in the chamber or test it with just a primer??? The point is that if the gun fires upon impact, all you need is the primer to ignite to do the test. I bet most manufacturers of striker fired semi-autos are holding their collective breaths that someone out there isn't dumb enough to do a drop test on their guns.

As far as dropping a gun, I've done it twice. First drop was a S&W 36 which landed on the hammer snapping it off. Talk about being pissed!! That was in the late 1980's. Second time dropping as gun was only a few months ago when Beretta 84 simply fell from my hand as I was wiggling into my car, a Corvette, without much wiggle room.

I have two Mil Pro's, the PT145 and PT140. Both guns are in my carry rotation with one in the pipe, safety set and 10 in the magazine. I recently was at my local range and blasted round after round from the '145. The last thing I want is to be on the business end of one of these things. So there....

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
The first pistols that fired but didn't cycle had primed cases in them, not fully loaded cartridges. The last couple of drops look like they had weak recoil springs but the way they were dropped could partially cycle the actions. The idiotic comments below the videos are typical: lots of ignorant hyperbole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts