Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$1000 for ss/gold accented pt 1911
I'm new to taurus and love the gold accented ones but they seem impossible to find now that they're discontinued but I found a guy who will sell for that price

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'll let the more seasoned PT1911 guys give you their opinions...
but I wouldn't pay that much for one...

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
In my opinion. What something is worth is what you are willing to pay for it.

Could you get it cheaper, maybe. I have never been a stainless fan so I don't know what they are going for. I have seen new blue ones going for around $600. I'd try talking him down a bit but that's just me, I like negotiating. But in the end if you want it and are willing to pay $1,000, I say go for it. In the end it doesn't matter what you pay for something if you like it.

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
nevermind, ended up getting a pair for the same price! one ss and the other polished black, both with gold accents...i shall call them ebony and ivory lol
Now that's a deal! But the custom here is that since you brought up the topic and then informed us you bought something :nopics:

enjoy the new pistols!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Guess that answers your first question!

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Wow, glad to hear the out come was better than the first question led me to believe it was going to be.

Congratulations on the new toys. Now are these PT1911 or PT911 pistols that you came across?

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
$1000 for ss/gold accented pt 1911
I'm new to taurus and love the gold accented ones but they seem impossible to find now that they're discontinued but I found a guy who will sell for that price
ahhhh, let me think here a second???---NO!!!---Not in a million years, at least not to me!
are you aware these things could be had for just slightly (like 20-30 dollars) above 400 bucks about 8-10 months ago?
actually the Black with gold highlights was the last to sale, the stainless with gold high lights was next to last, the plain Stainless and plain Blacks went first and fast.
I think my 38 super in stainless cost me about 429 bucks out the door!
ok the guns discontinued, which means it can't be purchased new any longer!
but its not now nor anytime in the next 8 generations going to be collectable, i mean they have made tens of thousands of these things i bet, most are in mexico and latin American countries i would think.
but certainly not an investment for future sale.
Just MY 2 cents here.
:r_c:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Grats on the new arrivals!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts