Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at and handling them more often lately, and they're growing on me. The Gen4 models are much more ergonomic (they feel better in the hand) than the previous models (2X4 blocks of wood from Lowes). The reliability and availability of parts and accessories are obvious. I'm looking for comments and information from those of us at TA who, past or present, own and shoot them.

I know I can't stop the Glock bashers from posting, but please keep the rhetoric to a minimum. I'm looking for honest, objective, and neutral to positive input. I've already read the negative stuff in other posts and forums. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In 1995 I bought a Gen2 Glock 19. Many thousands of rounds later, I have not had even one failure of any sort. I love all of my firearms for different reasons, but if I had to select just one to defend my life, it would be the Glock, no question. There are legitimate reasons that they're carried by more agencies than any other.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Got to shoot a Gen4 in 9mm, functioned great and was accurate, but I don't like
how they feel in my hands, but then again I don't like how a lot of guns fit my hands......

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
At times I feel like the odd man out but full size and long slide Glocks totally work for me. I post a about the upside that I find and the razz still comes. I shoot them in competition, am able to have all the mags I need for events because they are affordable. I can choose from more sights than just about any other gun - not to mention other support and aftermarket support.

After liking the the fit I have really advanced with shooting ability with them. Target acquisition comes quickly and naturally. They are MADE for action shooting and with recent changes in MO open carry laws I will be carrying them more often. OC for me means a more relaxed approach to concealment but it will allow me to carry more of my full size and double stack pistols without worry!

I'll keep it short. Glocks work for me on multiple levels. Period.

·
Administrator
35,182 Posts
Sure ! They may be a bit ugly, but they are completely reliable and go bang every time the trigger is pulled. That is alot of redeeming value.

I had a Glock 21 2nd gen, but my son confiscated it for his daily carry. He traded me out with a 24/7 Pro 9mm so that took some of the sting out. :D

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Nope, I have resisted the dark side so far.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I know I joke about them quite often but in all seriousness the only beef I have with them is the safety trigger. I just can't stand that.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I bought a G23 back in the eighties. It has never failed and I have probably carried it more than any of my other handguns. I love my 1911's and revolvers but my Glock doesn't take a backseat to any of them.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I suppose if I was a LEO on duty, I might carry a Glock.

I don't really so much have anything against then as it is I just don't fall into the hype for them.

I could have bought a Glock, but chose my Pt 24/7 G2 9 mm because it is a DA/SA and because of the safety, the decocker and the lock system.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I started out with a 22c because my wife thought that I needed : a polymer pistol,a .40, a Glock, and it was the first in those categories. I bought a case of ammo and a &$// load of mags. I never got used to it. Bought a lot more .40s and Tupperware, but it wasn't until I decided I wanted a high cap 10mm lighter than my Witness and I bought a 20 sf that I found a Glock that I liked.

Out of the box it was/is impressively accurate and for some reason doesn't give me the grip angle issues of the 22. We now, for some reason, have another 22 and the 20 smokes both of them for accuracy

·
Registered
13,880 Posts
Besides the reliability and accuracy of the Glock I really like the ability to convert many models to accept and fire different caliber ammunition. I have three that can fire 9mm, 40sw, and 357sig all with the swap of the barrel. To fire 9mm I do also have to use 9mm magazines. My Glock 30 which is a 45acp will convert to fire 10mm with a barrel and magazine swap.

Another great benefit, smaller frame pistols will accept the magazine of larger frame Glock pistols for an easy way to carry more capacity on a sub compact or compact size pistol.

And as someone else mentioned the aftermarket is wide and vast for personalization to fit your taste or needs.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Never liked them and I don't think I ever will.

I know they're good guns they're just not my bag baby.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
At times I feel like the odd man out but full size and long slide Glocks totally work for me. I post a about the upside that I find and the razz still comes. I shoot them in competition, am able to have all the mags I need for events because they are affordable. I can choose from more sights than just about any other gun - not to mention other support and aftermarket support.

After liking the the fit I have really advanced with shooting ability with them. Target acquisition comes quickly and naturally. They are MADE for action shooting and with recent changes in MO open carry laws I will be carrying them more often. OC for me means a more relaxed approach to concealment but it will allow me to carry more of my full size and double stack pistols without worry!

I'll keep it short. Glocks work for me on multiple levels. Period.
You've all but sold me. ;)

Which model .40 S&W Glock would work best for concealed carry?

1 - 20 of 266 Posts