Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed two of the pins, but the 3rd pin closest to the front of the gun does not want to come out. I even pry the housing slightly out from the back and it still would not remove. Is there a secret to removing the 3rd pin closest to the front of the gun?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kingofwylietx said:
Read the sticky above this post titled "question on disassembly".......it might help you. Good luck.
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I do not think there is anything in the sticky about instructions on removing the housing. I see lots of information on stripping the slide and removing the slide from the frame, but not on the removal of the three pins to get out the housing that the trigger and ejector is on. I do not think we are talking about the same item here. I am talking about the FRAME and removal of the housing inside the frame that is secured by the three pins.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We might not be talking about the same thing. I'm not real sure. A little further into the post was this, maybe it will help you. You could pm the guy and ask how he did it. I hope this helps.

target1911

Re: question on dissasembly
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 10:24:09 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you decide to do a deep cleaning, by pulling everything outta the frame, be carefull and take your time.
As you operate the safety, you can hear and feel a click.
That is made by a spring loaded steel ball that is very small.
After you remove the two pins from the frame, you can remove the trigger and safety group. As you pull the group out, push inward (not up or down but into the frame) on the safety lever to hold it to the group so this ball doesnt fall out. After the group is removed, place over a large bowl, turkey type pan, or box. Then you slowly pull the safety lever out and just let the ball fall. Then you can remove the tiny spring so you dont lose it either.

This process is VERY simple but just go slow so you dont lose the ball and spring. It also goes back together very easy too.

I will not admit to droping this little ball and spending over an hour to find it. Nor will I admit I learned this process from personal experiance

Good Luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trigger housing

I read that, but its not really clear on the removal procedure. See if you or someone can follow it and if it works. Person talks about removing two of the three pins (which two). He said you CAN remove the trigger and safety group (how). Then he goes back talking about the group which i assume is part of the housing that the manual safety is attached to and contains the ball and spring. But, how can you pull the group out and push inward.......this seem a little contridicting.

Maybe someone else can run thru the procedure and write something up for us.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.............After you remove the two pins from the frame, you can remove the trigger and safety group. As you pull the group out, push inward (not up or down but into the frame) on the safety lever to hold it to the group so this ball doesnt fall out. ...................Then you slowly pull the safety lever out and just let the ball fall. Then you can remove the tiny spring so you dont lose it either.
I went ahead and strip my Millennium to run through removal of the housing

NOTE:
  • You have to remove all THREE pins to remove the housing located in the polymer frame
  • The external/manual safety lever spring and ball bearing WILL NOT jump out on its own. You have to pry this part out and putting it back together is a little tricky........i took a diamond setting tool to hold it in and put one of the pins in the frame as a temporary holder and then slide in the external/manual safety back in place. There is no real need to remove this part as there is not much cleaning that can be done to it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, I wrote that. At the time I thought he was talking about the slide. I took my slide apart (firing pin and all that stuff). The part about the little ball, I thought he was talking about he safety built into the slide that takes a key to turn. Later, reading it again, I realized he was talking about the frame....I never went back to modify my post. You are right about his description being vague on taking the pins out. We need a nice, clear and concise write up...with pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts