Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a 24/7 .45. Both used. One is old style with takedown pin. The other a newer style g2. Both at 250. Is one version better then the other? Also the end of lifetime warr is making me a little leery. Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Frankly, for a used purchase, I wouldn't do it.

I have no experience with the older version, but do have a G2C45. I posted much about the initial issues, and the gun being replaced twice by Taurus in 2011 and 2012. I still have it and enjoyed it on the last range trip, but for now I'm not sure what to do with it, and it sits dark and lonely in the locker. Even if the gun is 100%, you still have the issue of finding mags, holsters, accessories, etc. For something similar and just a bit more $, I'd go with the Ruger American. They have both full and compact sized, 9, 40 & 45. Personally, I've been struggling very hard to NOT get their 45C.

Whatever you decide, good luck with that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking. It really didn't grab me from the beginning. It wasn't an "oboy gotta have" feeling. LOL. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking. It really didn't grab me from the beginning. It wasn't an "oboy gotta have" feeling. LOL. Thanks.
Dang! You gave up too easy. ;)

Reactions: Scovaree

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I picked up a 24/7 G2 .45 not long ago, will be keeping it, shoots very well..............
Just picked up a 24/7 Tactical OSS in .40, parts will be hard to find for any Taurus, but will
be keeping this one also....................:)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I get ALL Guns USED.. I do a complete spring kit change yes even the magazines as long as barrels are sound I purchase used revolvers with good lock up on all cylinders, after spring replacements basically brand new of course check parts wear damage/breakage/cracks splits be through be vigilant when changing springs. Used Guns are as Good as brand new well in the hands of one willing to work and does the work . But ya know I aint a Millennial and I vote for Trump.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Now you got me re-thinking it. Maybe I'll set up a meet to look it over and bring some snap caps with me. Decisions, decisions. LOL
also a hollowed bic pen, rack the slide, run the blunt end down barrel point up in air,squeeze trigger, be ready to catch pen, as pen should launch showing firing pin in good condition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts