Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You know I was in a gun shop yesterday, in KY. I saw a short barreled Blue, and come to think of it the cylinder did look longer than the one I bought. But the darn things look so huge anyway I cannot say for sure.

I did not look very long, as I was being handed a beautiful 917, and a similar Rugar Semi Auto to look at.

Have you asked any gun shops in your area, if they have heard. Sometimes, they get a flyer from their suppliers when things are coming out or are already in the available lists.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
id like to shoot one and decide if i really want one or not ,i like the short barreled one in stainless is mt favorite

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
shaner said:
id like to shoot one and decide if i really want one or not ,i like the short barreled one in stainless is mt favorite
Well come on over, I can use and excuse to go shoot it with you!! Of course I have not shot the short one, but once I got used to it, it has been accurate for me out to about 45 ft. Which is as far as I have gone thus far. The 410's I only have #6, 8 & 9 shot, and believe me with that beyond 10 yards you could miss a wall. Not really but the pattern is quite broad. It does fine from 7 yard in. In some cases, the plastic wad will take out a portion of the target.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
sounds fun , where ya located , iam in tucson , i think the problem with people accepting the judge is they expect it to magicly shoot 12inch 410 patterns to 25yds , it wasnt designed for that it was designed to blast a bad guys face off at 15 ft and the long colt is just a added advantage for them , to have a big thump after a 410 blast , IMO?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I never have just one type in my judge. usually 2 410's followed by 3 JHP, or maybe some lead cowboy loads.

Too bad I am in Kentucky! Of course I have son lives south of Tombstone on a small ranchette.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts