Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Predictions from various economic forecaster say it housing market has peeked and the bubble is about to burst. A matter of history repeating itself again. Seems we didn't learn anything from the Bubble Burst of 2007. The housing market has followed it's same course and path that lead to the last real estate blowout. Seems even lower interest rates will not prevent a repeat as loan rates are already a mega low interest rates.

What's your view, is it a ticking time bomb. If your a potential buyer this could be what you have been waiting for another glut market. If your a homeowner, it's bound to hit your unrealized net worth, unless your planning to sell then it may hit your realized net worth........ouch!!!

Reactions: Justice06RR

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good topic, as I'm into Real Estate (personally, not profesionally) and also looking to buy a house next year.

I don't think its about to 'pop' again like it did last time. House values have slowly been climbing, but the policies that are in place now seem to be more stringent than before, so not everyone can buy a house that costs a lot when the buyer makes less than what is required.

There are plenty of homes in inventory, but still not enough buyers. Home prices are somewhat dropping in certain areas (from what I've seen), and some houses are still sitting in the market for a long time unless its a real bargain.

I tried looking for good deals in a Foreclosure, but that is a hard area to get into unless you know what you are doing.

Overall, I don't think we are close to a bubble, but it may be around the corner--say 1 to 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts