Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Have not been anywhere to see if sales are up. Ammo case at Walmart was packed yesterday fuller than I ever remember it being. Surprisingly no one was buying guns or ammo there, well accept for me snagging a couple boxes of .22lr.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
I would expect that, yes, a great number of folks who might have not have thought of near future purchases might be reassessing their options.

Hopefully, we will know the direction of the political winds within another 3-4 week’s.

I honestly don’t think the 2A can tolerate many more “direct hits” like Vegas or Fla in the xtreme near future. Unless those of us who didn’t vote for Hildabeast can keep our noses to the grindstone. Gotta let our legislatures know our positions.

Despite all the bad press we in the firearms enthusiasts groups and believers, with the exception of Calif, NY, Mass, Conn, etc (the well known blue states), there has still been more positive movements in state firearms loosening of regulations - especially over the bho years.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I’ve got enough acquired/spare parts for most of another gun in the loading room and, yeah, I’ve been thinking of picking a caliber and moving ahead just on the off chance - one more in the safe just for which way the wind may blow.

Thought #2 — lower receivers. Maybe 5-6 as prices are really right — for now. Add some 80% lowers to that and more PSA mag specials.

Inventory the powder, primers, bullets etc...

Reactions: dugger1 and darbo

·
Registered
14,866 Posts
I think the last scare cleared out the worst panic buyers.

Things around here appear normal.

My email box is full of great buys on AR's and accessories.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
I think the last scare cleared out the worst panic buyers.

Things around here appear normal.

My email box is full of great buys on AR's and accessories.
:thumb:

This is great news. I do think that the “general slowdown” of purchases after Trump’s election will continue to be helpful at meeting demand. I probably need some more AK ammo but I’m flush with firearms and other ammo/accessories for the time being.

Reactions: darbo and mingaa

·
Registered
14,866 Posts
:thumb:

This is great news. I do think that the “general slowdown” of purchases after Trump’s election will continue to be helpful at meeting demand. I probably need some more AK ammo but I’m flush with firearms and other ammo/accessories for the time being.
Funny thing I heard about those that were buying all the .22 LR at Wal-Mart and reselling it for inflated prices at flea markets around here, they are now cutting their prices and many are stuck with a bunch of stock they cannot sell!

·
Registered
32,205 Posts
I just asked the same question, even though I haven't been in a gun store since the Florida Shooting. Walmart will certainly not be shoulder to shoulder at the counter since they do not sell any AR's any more, but still have the best prices most of the time on AR ammo.

I do know that there are still some folks who never got an AR bought, even though two weeks ago we were seeing some kick tail low prices.

I don't really expect to see the runs on ammo or guns we saw after the Sandy Hook shooting because of the Man sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office. I won't be at the front of any lines as I have had most of my bases covered while Bush was in office and certainly had them covered before b o was sworn in. After the mid=terms, we possibly could have reason to get concerned, although I don't think so.

Still, the Florida Shooting will be a driving force for the Mid-Terms on both sides and who does the best job of educating the voters.

I will say this for young shooters or newbies, never count on being able to stop by your favorite Walmart or any other ammo sellers on the way to the range to buy your ammo, or you may see either a long or permanent drought in your shooting. I have never had to curtail my shooting because of a tragic shooting. I've lived through all the worst of the three big pushes or actual bans.

Also, if you are well positioned ammo wise, you can make some good profits....same old story, buy low, sell high!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Yep, and it's all thanks to the anti-gunners and their round-the-clock rhetoric in the wake of the latest shooting.

It's amusing how everytime firearms sales start to slow down, the anti-gunners start whining again and the sales go back into overdrive.

I have to admit, for as obnoxious, vapid, selfish, and mortally bankrupt as the Gun Control Activists are, I appreciate them for their uncanny ability to keep the firearms industry profitable by encouraging those who have been on the fence or otherwise dragging their feet about purchasing a firearm/ammo to make it an immediate priority.

Maybe that's the real reason why they've become so much more aggressive about getting guns banned... Because they just can't seem to stop shooting themselves in the foot!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Our good friends over at the NY Times have an article....

TAMPA, Fla. – The lines stretched out the door this weekend at a gun show in Tampa, Fla., as thousands of potential buyers and the merely curious waited for their turn to browse booths stocked with the latest firearms, ammunition, customizable holsters and patriotic paraphernalia.Inside, parents pushed their babies in strollers past T-shirts emblazoned with phrases like “I study triggernometry.” A nonprofit group in one booth was raffling off a rifle to raise money to battle child and animal abuse. On large signs by the entrance, the National Rifle Association was offering refunds on the $11 admission if shoppers signed up for a membership. Outside, Girl Scouts were selling cookies.

It goes on....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/25/...lights&contentPlacement=5&pgtype=sectionfront

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
When my instinct alarm goes off and ‘buy low’ is right in front of me — I see that as a no-lose opportunity.
If funds are available - why not move like in any market. I’m not done buying or building guns OR collecting accessories.
Prices are great right now. There are some indications that MAY change. If it does or doesn’t — there is really no down side for me.
I think of it as ‘gun equity’ - when, or if a ‘sell high’ time comes - I want some skin in that game. Not a gouger, just a guy who got good deals and is in a position to make good business decisions from the driver’s seat.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Our good friends over at the NY Times have an article....

TAMPA, Fla. – The lines stretched out the door this weekend at a gun show in Tampa, Fla., as thousands of potential buyers and the merely curious waited for their turn to browse booths stocked with the latest firearms, ammunition, customizable holsters and patriotic paraphernalia.Inside, parents pushed their babies in strollers past T-shirts emblazoned with phrases like “I study triggernometry.” A nonprofit group in one booth was raffling off a rifle to raise money to battle child and animal abuse. On large signs by the entrance, the National Rifle Association was offering refunds on the $11 admission if shoppers signed up for a membership. Outside, Girl Scouts were selling cookies.

It goes on....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/25/business/gun-show-tampa-parkland.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fbusiness&action=click&contentCollection=business&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=5&pgtype=sectionfront

Kathy Fox, who was helping at a booth with collectible Winchester rifles exhibited upright on a turntable, said she was pleased that Representative Brian Mast, a Republican and Army veteran, who represents her district in Florida, had called for a ban on future sales of tactical rifles.

But she added that “there’s nothing wrong with guns” and that “there are nuts everywhere.”

“Everyone has a different perspective, a different outlook,” she said of her fellow show participants. “It’s not that they’re bad people.”
On the one hand, she says that people who own modern style tactical type rifles aren't bad people, and yet she wants those guns banned and depending on whether they're grandfathered, make criminals out of those same people, all because they don't own the type of gun she likes. :?:

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
The way I have to look at it is, events like this draw out the pretenders and now they can be dealt with at the polls. Brian Mast and any other pretender, RINO, whatever you want to call them, need to be voted out of office quickly. It's up to us to go to the polls during the primaries and overwhelmingly give this guy a new job come election time.

·
Super Moderator
37,585 Posts
My thought is that the AR components and complete rifles were experiencing a glut prior to the FL incident as evidenced by the stable and reducing prices. Once those inventories tighten up we will see shortages and price gouging once again.

Then once those guns are at the range and even before, everyone who gets one will have to obtain ammo for them and supply will tighten up with factory and components.

Rep. Danny Davis of Chiraq is introducing a bill for a national ammo tax and the proceeds supposedly to help reduce gun violence...yeah...right.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
I can't speak to all Academy's but the one near me is almost always full when I stop by.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
I need to swing by Cabelas this week and see how it looks. I would imagine that the scare is definitely on, in many places, until sanity breaks out again.
The Ft Worth Cabelas is business as normal, at least as of last week when i was in there. I can't speak to the Allen location.

I bought a Walkers hearing protection setup. I like it. I took it shooting with rifles and handguns and it works great. :D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I passed the Army Navy store by me today, didn't have time to stop but the lot was full. I will be in there on Wednesday..... Hope by then I have some money to spend. If not I have a list of what I want and when the money is available I'll buy. ( Hope in about 2-3 weeks) I don't own an AR But I may get one now..... Unless something I like better comes at a good price.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
What's that saying about ammo getting you through times with no money better than money getting you through times of no ammo...?

Yeah, I first got into firearms during the scare of the early years of BHO's administration. Learned my lesson about always keeping a stock of firearm food on hand (some firearms can get more hungry than others ;)).

Hopefully the folks just getting into firearms have the foresight to, what's that other saying? "Buy it cheap and stack it deep?" :)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts