Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a new advert today while watching Personal Defense TV on the Outdoor Channel. Taurus is actively promoting the OSS models. Are they finally available for sale? I checked several websites without finding any of these models listed. Your insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I believe they're advertising more in preparation for the release soon. Taurus did the same with the PT1911s as as recall. On their website however, the status of the OSS models is still 'to be announced', unfortunately.

It really shouldn't be much longer now however until they hit the stores.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think Richard from Taurus said the 24/7 OSS and the Stainless Steel PT1911 would be out sometime next year.

·
32,658 Posts
The 2008 handgun combination magazine and catalogs are out. Soon after these appear the new handgun models also appear for real. So it can't be to long. It would behoove Taurus,if they are finally bring anything out,to sneak preview them here. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
UPDATE: ITEM NOT INSTOCK

Called customer service and talk to a sales rep, they are NOT instock yet, even though the website says so. There is no ETA on them either, the sales rep said anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of months is the best they can say. No word on PT1911 w/tac rail or the Stainless Steel 1911 either...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Draeger, Thank you for the follow up with the manufacturer. I am anxious to actually handle this firearm. Since it was designed to be the Taurus entry into the govt. handgun trials I believe that it will be a great performer. It should also be as trouble free as anyone could make a pistol. I have several local shops that will contact me when they receive the new weapons. Again, thank you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The prices are really reasonable. I've seen them as low as 425ish from reedsammo and local for 450ish. Not bad. I want one in black. That looked SHARP

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not that I have heard or read anywhere yet...

·
32,658 Posts
Just to muddy the waters... ;D called CS at Taurus also. Said March was the release time. Got my order in for one with night sights. We shall see if the Release Gods actually have them out of the Mount Olympus gates or not then. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
keep us informed, i sure would like to get that one and a compact one, be kinda neat, the oss in a shoulder rig, the 24/7 iwb, and a compact on the boot, all with interchangable mags.

·
Registered
279 Posts
it shouldn't be long at all.....the PX/BX at Ft Knox has a stainless 1911 and a blued 1911 with rail. I told them if they get a OSS in 45 to call me as i want one too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
HERSHEY said:
keep us informed, i sure would like to get that one and a compact one, be kinda neat, the oss in a shoulder rig, the 24/7 iwb, and a compact on the boot, all with interchangable mags.
You getting ready for war? Primary, BUG, and BUG's BUG :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
sholiz said:
You getting ready for war? Primary, BUG, and BUG's BUG :D
ZOMBIES!!!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Apparently they are a figment of our imagination at this point.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
dalepres said:
From your avatar, I thought you might be preparing for an attack on Orangutan Island.
Nothing worse then a dead female chimp zombie on her monthly...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts