Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encountered the website of Taurus Gun Store (taurusgunstore.com), an online seller which apparently has an extensive stock of Taurus models at attractive prices. However, the "Contact Us" page provides no physical or mailing address, nor does it even give a phone number. The only methods of contacting Taurus Gun Store are by using the email address listed on that page, or to send a message from that page - which includes a check-box which reads, "I agree that my submitted data is being collected and stored." Hmmm. I did not contact them.

Is anyone on the forum familiar with this company? Is it a good source of well-priced Taurus arms, or just a scam?

·
32,717 Posts
I've never done business with or care to do business with that site. It seems to be bogus in some ways and would caution others against dealing with the place. Now if the site can be verified as okay, no problem. However being "mysterious" is not a good idea for a online store.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Welcome from mid TN. Come on in and join us we're a friendly bunch!

I have never heard of this site. The way it's run I'd say stay away. Plus if it was legit I believe we would know more about it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
That site feels like a scam. I did a whois lookup, and the domain registrant is shielded by an organization called privacyguardian.org so no one can see who actually owns the domain. That, to me, is questionable in regards to a purported gun shop. No mailing address, no physical address, no phone number, no owner information on whois all points to a scam in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, most websites which claim to deal exclusively in a single brand are scams which exist to fool the lowest common denominator into believing that they are official retailers of said brand or even are a subsidiary of said brand in order to provide a false sense of security towards prospective suckers.

Recently, SIGsauer issued a PSA warning that a long list of websites which contained their name in the title and claimed to deal exclusively in their products were all phishing scam websites which were to be avoided. I presume that the website in question is a similar case, possibly even one perpetrated by the same folks who were responsible for the aforementioned websites.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since the website showed availability of a veritable rainbow of Spectrum variations, along with the sketchy contact info, the scam alarms went off in my head pretty quickly. Thanks to everyone for your responses!

·
Registered
15,154 Posts
If you click on their social media contacts, it takes you to "themeRex". I'd steer clear of them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I encountered the website of Taurus Gun Store (taurusgunstore.com), an online seller which apparently has an extensive stock of Taurus models at attractive prices. However, the "Contact Us" page provides no physical or mailing address, nor does it even give a phone number. The only methods of contacting Taurus Gun Store are by using the email address listed on that page, or to send a message from that page - which includes a check-box which reads, "I agree that my submitted data is being collected and stored." Hmmm. I did not contact them.

Is anyone on the forum familiar with this company? Is it a good source of well-priced Taurus arms, or just a scam?
Shady.

A different web forum I follow was discussing a different web store specializing in Dan Wesson. That site looks exactly like this.

Payment options, cryptocurrency and "Zelle" (never heard of it), exactly the same.

"Run, Forrest, Run!"

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
I came across a site based out of Alaska that had great prices on AR15 kits that were "out of stock" everywhere. They only took gift cards or pre-paid Mastercard as payment. It was obviously a scam.

If you can't find anyone you trust who has used them, I suggest to stay away.

·
Registered
27,642 Posts
Gun shops must have a physical address. Every online gun store I've ever been to has a physical address. Yeah, this is a scam. Pretty sure there is one set up for every manufacturer... rugergunstore, marlingunstore, etc. All scams.
A good clue is the use of bitcoin. If you send bitcoin, there is no recourse; no way to trace the funds.
Zelle, btw, is a legit online banking system. My bank subscribes... it's kind of like Venmo: a convenient way to transfer funds online to individuals. The use, however, by a company, I find suspect.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
187 Posts

forward it to your local police or to the ATF.. see what they say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts