Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any chance that Taurus us going to make a TH model in 45 ACP? That seems to be what every other firearm manufacturer has done: Start with the 9mm and then follow up with a 45 version in a year or two.

Other than their 1911, Taurus has zero pistols in 45 ACP. That's a big gap in their product line. Why wouldn't they try and close it?

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Good question. They did it with the Millennium pistols (9mm, .40, and .45acp). Smith&Wesson has done it with the Shields too.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
I've seen nothing to suggest that Taurus is ready to start producing 45 pistols again. I would love to see that.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Taurus sales world wide, the 45 acp is not a popular cartridge in many parts of the world, in some countries it may not even be legal to own a gun in that caliber--soo the 9 MM seems to be the Taurus thing for now anyway.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
Well, .45ACP is popular in MY house. I have a fine hammer fired DA, my Ruger. I don't need a full sized hammer fired DA, but if Taurus would come out with a sub-compact carry the size and weight of my PT145, I could be interested. :D I like the PT145, would just like a DA hammer gun in the caliber that was super carriable. :D

Reactions: Varangian

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,427 Posts
Taurus is not going to produce a 45 until the law suit is dead and gone. Too many people will be wanting to trade in their G2 warranty gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts