Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read a piece from a newspaper in Brazil posted on another gun forum that said Taurus was interested
in purchasing Freedom Group based in my home state of North Carolina. That would be interesting
and would expand their long gun market quite a bit. Have any of you heard or read anything?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I read right after CT that Taurus and the parent company of FAL were interested. I have not seen anything since/

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
I think it would be great to expand their foothold here in the US of A. While they're doing some great work with handgun market (which really needs to diversify)Freedom Arms could add another level of exemplary handguns. If they decided to open a plant in Texas, I'd quit my retirement to work for them.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the Freedom Group is currently held by Cerebus Capital Managagement, a private equity investment firm. Freedom Group is the owner of the Remington Arms Company (whom we ALL know), maker of fine firearms for 197 years. Remington Arms factory is located in Ilion, NY. Most, if not all on this forum know, Remington also makes the Bushmaster and since the Newtown shooting, Cerebus Capital is looking to divest themselves of ALL firearm related businesses. I do believe that Freedom Group IS in NC, but their Remington Arms Co is most assuredly located in central NY. Nice of Gov Cuomo to care so much about them huh?

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.