Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Is something I should be mad about?

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  ifishsum 
#1 ·
I bought a NIB .20 24/7 Pro some time ago. The first range trip, it functioned flawlessly. I fired fifty rounds without a hitch. The 2nd and 3rd trip, though, told a different story. I had constant failures to feed, from both factory magazines. After a hundred rounds each trip, I had nothing but regret about my purchase. Since each FTF was a nosedive, I figured it may be the magazines. Taurus' customer service said that if I send the magazines in, they would have no problem shipping me out two new magazines. (I think I should note that on the first trip, I was only loading 14 rounds into each mag. Before the second trip, I squeezed the full fifteen in. This may have had something to do with the FTF's.)

On January 31st, I packed up both mags, and mailed them to Miami (about a 90 minute drive from my house). I didn't hear anything by February 8th, so I called them. The girl I spoke with first said the mags were backordered, but then she looked in her computer inventory and said that the mags were actually available. She said she would have them sent to me, and that I should expect them in 7 to 10 business days. I finally got them today, 11 business days later - okay, so she was off by a day.

I opened the box, to find two magazines, not in any kind of factory packaging, but in separate ziploc baggies. looking at them closely, I realized that they sent me two USED magazines. There are scratches in the finish, worn spots where the mags had been rubbing when being inserted and removed, and scratches on the followers where the rounds get loaded. They look exactly like the magazines I sent in, except for one thing: the followers on the mags I sent in had solid sides, so that the mag spring was entirely surrounded by plastic at the top. These have had the sides cut away, more like AR-15 mag followers. They only have the feed ramp area and the front and rear guide areas. The springs also seem stiff, like they're new. I probably won't have a chance to function-test these new mags for a while.

My main question is this: Should I be ticked off at receiving used mags back in the mail? A second question is: Has anybody else noticed a difference in mag followers like I've described?

Thanks for your time!

See less See more
#2 ·
CT;
Yes, be annoyed! Demand they send you two NEW mags and refuse to send back the two used, blemished, mags. They can come pick them up/send a UPS call tag to retrive 'em but should let you keep 'em to play with and the new ones to rely on. In my opinion. Keep escalating this issue till you reach a manager who can say "yes" to this!
Alden

#3 ·
I agree with Alden, the little people are trained to say no, just keep arguing until they transfer you to somebody who has authority to say "yes." I got out of my sprint contract that way :) , albeit it took 2 hours. :bang:

#5 ·
Wow...never heard of Taurus sending used mags in a Ziploc bag. Sounds more like something you get in the Bed-Stuy section of Brooklyn. When I sent my PT-145 magazine back Taurus promptly sent me a brand new, unopened package. I'd definitely call and speak to a supervisor. You might end up getting 4.

#6 ·
I would vote for trying them out first. If they work, then they work. If you wait for two new mags, then you run the risk of those not working, and you'll have to wait. Not to mention that they will look the same as the ones that you currently have in a 100 rounds or so.

Try out the ones you have now before blowing your top.

#12 ·
ya this is pretty shotty, but i'd give them a try if they work then leave it alone..

mags show wear marks fairly quickly as someone pointed out after a few 100 rounds it's pretty hard to avoid.. and presonally i dont care what the finish looks like on my mags as long as they work right.. although i admit nickel plated mags do look nice.. they also serve practical purpose of rust protection and do tend to stand up better on finish.

definitely not the kinda CS i wanna see but you gotta pick your battles.. how pissed are you right now?

#13 ·
I've seen this on another threed but it was with the 1911 and Kimber mags which is what I had bought sure enough first try nose dive I exchaned it for a Novak that is identical to the Taurus mags. then found out that some Taurus guns need to have the mag firmally seated I'm talking smaked into place. I tried it and my trouble went away. don't know why. :???:

#14 ·
Is something I should be mad about?

Let us all be reminded that "mad" is an emotion... and all emotional responses are choices we make to particular situations. There are other choices. However, "mad" is the least productive choice we can make... it gives us permission to be angry and usually exercise that anger in negative ways... leaving us frustrated and interjecting that frustration into every contact we make in relationship to this experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.