1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOURCE:
Ruger to Open Third Plant | Expansion for New Gun Lines

"...
According to Fifer (Ruger President and CEO), Ruger will use the new facility to build new lines of firearms, not to expand production of current firearms. Fifer stated he expects the new facility would build about ten completely new firearm lines. ...

... Ruger has employed Greyhill Advisors of Austin, TX to assist with the search. Currently, three sites are under consideration, but additional sites can still be reviewed. The current sites are in North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. Texas, though, may have the edge.

Fifer stated the company had been in contact with Texas Governor Rick Perry’s office, and have discussed projections for the number of jobs that Ruger expects to create. A meeting was scheduled for Fifer and Perry at the NRA Annual Meetings in May, although the details of the meeting are not immediately available. Perry’s office has been quite active in bringing new business, especially firearms related businesses, to Texas.

At the shareholder meeting, Fifer stated he expects to hire 50-60 employees at the new plant immediately, with a total of 100 by the end of the first year. He stated that they anticipate they would hire an additional 100 people each year until the plant was fully staffed at 500 – 700 employees.

One of the ongoing problems Fifer cited for Ruger was difficulty in finding mechanical engineers to help the company advance new projects. Finding a community with a substantial number of engineers in the workforce would appear to be a priority for the company.

Fifer stated there are three “substantial” new gun projects that are “on ice” because they don’t have enough engineers to push development forward.

Based on the overall tone of the meeting, and Fifer’s statements, I would expect to hear an announcement from the company very soon on a site selection. I would not be surprised if the company has the new facility up and running by the end of 2013. That would put them into a position to announce new products at the SHOT Show in January 2014, and have the new manufacturing capacity to fill orders."

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
That would be cool, another manufacture and RUGER at that.

maybe bring back the Old Army? Ah, probably not. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The article says " ...ten completely new firearm lines. ..."

Any speculation as to what they may be?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The article says " ...ten completely new firearm lines. ..."

Any speculation as to what they may be?
Maybe a LC45 or a 10/223.....................................hehehe

Reactions: btleslie and Camo

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
How about a pistol caliber carbine, based on the SR pistol actions, and using the same magazines.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
ive heard rumors of couple of new 1911 models

jhp

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
I'm thinking shotguns, and as mentioned above, maybe pistol-cal carbines.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
They MUST come to SOUTH CAROLINA!
They can be neighbors to FNH USA in Columbia.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Good on Texas.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
This is the Taurus form and you are talking about ruger.. WTH I like my ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel... Now back to Taurus.....

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Things keep going the way they are in the N.E. and more and more firearms companies will continue to move "South" of the Mason Dixon line...:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
What would be nice is if all the legal gun owners in the N.E. could move out, leaving the rest of the people to fend for themselves against the lawless criminals.

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
I hope they do move to Texas, we do have some good engineering schools here, hopefully that will give us the edge!

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I hope they do move to Texas, we do have some good engineering schools here, hopefully that will give us the edge!
I have a vision....."The William B. Ruger School of Firearm Engineering" at Texas Tech....

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
What would be nice is if all the legal gun owners in the N.E. could move out, leaving the rest of the people to fend for themselves against the lawless criminals.
AMEN!!! Wish I could move - our retail business is just over 20 years old and at our age, we would have too hard a time to close, move, and start all over again. But a 5 mile move of our residence jsut up the road to Pennsylvania could be in our future, IF I could get over the actual horror of moving 35 years worth of "stuff"!:)

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
AMEN!!! Wish I could move - our retail business is just over 20 years old and at our age, we would have too hard a time to close, move, and start all over again. But a 5 mile move of our residence jsut up the road to Pennsylvania could be in our future, IF I could get over the actual horror of moving 35 years worth of "stuff"!:)
Massive Garage Sale at Sekol's place!

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts

:D

They could close their New England plant. They already have a plant in Aridzona. Would put them in gun/business friendly states, right? :D

Reactions: chicharrones
1 - 20 of 36 Posts