Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from Road and Track magazine...

"After years of chasing volume at the expense of profits, Nissan is trying to turn things around. But it has hard days ahead of it.*Reuters reports*that the company is forecasting a 470 billion yen ($4.5 billion) operating loss for the year ending in March 2021, as a result of its previous problems plus the COVID-19 pandemic. Nissan is expecting to sell 4.13 million vehicles by March 2021, which would be an 11-year low. With a real need to invest in developing fresh product, plus the cost of low demand amidst all this economic uncertainty, it's hard to see an easy way forward for Nissan. This next year will be make or break."

Don

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Stop making the ugliest cars in the world. Just a thought. Rouge, Cube, ...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
The Koreans have been cleaning their clocks for decades.
They were hoping the french would save them but they chickened out and tried to arrest the french CEO of Nissan.

It's a dying company

AFS

·
21,944 Posts
I've heard their quality is dropping. It would be a shame to see them die; the 3XX cars alone justify the company's existence. And say what you will about the Rogue, but I had one as a rental a few years ago, and it was one of the most smooth, quiet, comfortable vehicles I've ever driven.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I think Nissan has had quality control problems for a long time. It's catching up to them - many of the models are considered problematic. I've heard the trucks are not great - and gas hogs to boot.

·
Registered
16,860 Posts
And another mediocre auto company goes belly up............

·
Registered
18,486 Posts
Nissan doesn't make vehicles, they make lawn ornaments.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Super Moderator
13,773 Posts
The old Datsun pickups had a good reputation for quality and reliability, as I recall. Other than that, though . . . huh, memory fails me.

·
17,575 Posts
We had a used Sentra once...late 90's model... Awesome car. It never broke down. Ever. Wife drove it for a coupe of years, daughter drove it for a couple more, I drove it for a couple more, I sold it and the new owner drove it for at least three. He gave it to his teenage nephew who promptly totaled it within weeks. We all mourned. Her name was "Oprah".

My DIL has a Rogue and while it has no soul it seems to be an unremarkable yet reliable and functional automobile.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I owned a 2000 Nissan Maxima that I bought brand new. It was a fine car, looked good, drove very nice and all of that. As the car approached 100,000 miles, things started going out of it and if I hadn't had the extended warranty, I would have gone broke fixing it. I sold it shortly after all of that. I figured that if I wanted a car that starts costing you a lot of money at 100,000 miles, I could own an American made car.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
Stop making the ugliest cars in the world. Just a thought. Rouge, Cube, ...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Somebody had to take over from Peugeot!

·
Registered
18,486 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
I had a Datsun B-210 it was a great little car with great fuel economy.

I currently have a 2011 Nissan Versa pushing 200,000 miles. One Broken engine mount, one set of front brake pads, several sets of tires and a conventional (cheap) oil change every 5,000 miles. Guess I got a good one. Oh I forgot, a new battery just under every 3 years. I have yet to have a car battery make it more than 3 years down here in S. Florida.

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
I bought a Nissan Altima when we first moved to town. I traded it in in less than a year for my first truck - a Dodge Dakota Extended cab 4X4. I traded that for a 6K mile used Ford F-150 Lariat Extended cab 4X4 10 years later. I traded that for a Ford F-150 Platinum Club Cab 4X4 10 years later. I'm still in it.

When Nissan released their version of the Titan truck, it looked pretty good. I had been in my Dodge 9.5 years then and talked to a guy i knew who bought one. He warned me to not get it. It being a first generation vehicle he said it had a lot of electrical bugs. I went ahead and traded it for the Lariat as noted above. Over the years I've kept my eyes on the Titan but haven't talked to anyone who has been satisfied with one. I almost traded that Lariat for a used a Toyota Tundra but it had 20K miles on it. The Platinum became available and, even though it had 7K miles on it, I got a great deal and had it paid off within 6 months. I'm now entering my 9th year with the Platinum but an already looking towards my next vehicle. Not because of problems - the truck runs smooth as hell and only sees the dealer's shop twice a year for maintenance - but because of my 10 year replacement policy. But, I'll probably stick with the Ford for another couple of years.

My wife doesn't drive any more so my vehicle is all we have.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
My wife loves her 4wd Frontier pickup. She bought it new 5 years ago. A lead footed driver ran a red light and totaled it 3 years later. Wife promptly bought another new Frontier that she still drives today. She could drive our Lexus ES350, but she prefers the Frontier.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My wife loves her 2012 Infiniti (made by Nissan) G37. In 56K miles, we have done a few sets of wiper blades, 2 batteries, air filters, tires, oil & filter changes every 5K miles, and one set of rear brake pads. Car has been rock solid so far.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
My wife loves her 4wd Frontier pickup. She bought it new 5 years ago. A lead footed driver ran a red light and totaled it 3 years later. Wife promptly bought another new Frontier that she still drives today. She could drive our Lexus ES350, but she prefers the Frontier.
Funny thing is I don't see the Frontier for sale around here anymore. They still have them on their website, but none for sale at the local dealers. I had heard rumors that they may finally be offering an updated version that other countries have been using for several years now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts