Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for a newb question, but I noticed today when I picked up my PT92 that I had to mail in the warranty card for the warranty to even begin. Is this true, or can you register online?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
And if you are buying the weapon used without a warranty card?

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I register on line new and used Taurus (actually do same for any brand) I buy and plan to keep long term. Don't bother with mailing card. I did find that having them registered helps when ordering parts from Taurus, albeit still doesn't guarantee the parts will be correct when received. LOL

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
I register on line. Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I thought they only recalled products if they were dangerious?
Oh never mind . . . . .
Come on man! Havent you been watching the news for the last 6 months? All guns are dangerous and scary!

·
Registered
36 Posts
nice thing about the warranty. It's good for the gun, owner doesn't matter. its for life of gun. now, the postage is free for the first year I believe, or if you have a really unique sort of failure that Taurus wants to see.

Doug
Negative on the free shipping within a year, I had to return mine about 9 months after buying it and had to pay the shipping. They then messed up the repair and I had to send it back and they picked up the shipping that time cuz it was their fault.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Negative on the free shipping within a year, I had to return mine about 9 months after buying it and had to pay the shipping. They then messed up the repair and I had to send it back and they picked up the shipping that time cuz it was their fault.
Yep, recently Taurus only picks up the shipping for the guns purchased NIB within 6 months. It used to be a year, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts