Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Actually, many people blamed the rifle when JFK was killed. That and Bobby was the impetus behind the 1968 Gun Control Act. I remember many whiny editorials about buying a Carcano thru the mail. Jimmy Breslin authored one, IIRC.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
All of those are so true. But let me add this one:

10. Blaming the gun for a mass murder is like blaming the car for drunk driving and traffic accident deaths or the backyard swimming pool for drowning deaths.

Reactions: gyro_cfi

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
I’ve always heard that fruits grow as hanging from trees while vegetables grow directly out of the ground.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Your odds of dying in a mass shooting around the same as getting struck by lightning. Since 1966, 1,196 people have died in mass shootings. Twice that many die every year of food poisoning in the US. As for the we'll allow better background checks when they background check voters, is a crappy way to defend a position. Tit for tat is no way to defend a right.

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
"Logic is only the beginning of Wisdom" - Spock
Common sense is the foundation.

Reactions: Nimbly

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Common sense isn't common and many times is completely wrong. Logic, if applied correctly, is always right, IF you are searching for a logical answer. Emotional inputs or a desire for the same in outputs, negate both common sense and logic.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Keep in mind that Richard Nixon also promoted gun control legislation. I can still remember President Nixon campaigning on TV against "saturday night specials." I was about 12 or 13 at the time, as I recall.

Is logic the same thing as common sense?
Two different things. Sometimes they lead to the same conclusions, sometimes they don't.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Common sense isn't common and many times is completely wrong. Logic, if applied correctly, is always right, IF you are searching for a logical answer. Emotional inputs or a desire for the same in outputs, negate both common sense and logic.
Pretty true. Common sense has helped people survive many times. But science has also helped people survive, and science is often counter-intuitive, or uncommon sense.

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
Use logic to determine the factuality of "everything I type is a lie".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts