Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I hadn't heard. I wouldn't think it would be a wise business decision. However, I do know AR-15 sales are up because of the trial. I just spoke to someone yesterday who purchased an AR-15 because he wanted a gun that looked like the one shown in court.

I'm sure we'll hear all kinds of rants from the left if S&W does. They didn't seem to care when Kolin Kapernicus was given his own shoe line for disrespecting our flag, but that's their thing--protecting liberty is not.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I read this on AR15.com....is it true? Anyone else heard?

I'm sure smaller engravers will do it though..........there are some wild lowers out there.
I seriously doubt it. If they don't I'm sure one of the many other AR makers will have a special edition. OTOH, I've heard it reported that the organization Gun owners of America is planning on giving a AR 15 to Rittenhouse, not sure what brand.

·
Registered
15,515 Posts
I want to know when he's gonna start demanding HIS AR returned to him. I'm sure GOA could make that push for him.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zimmerman's gun sold for 6 figures on Gunbroker some time ago. I think I actually looked up the ad and gawked.

I bought my first AR because I had a lot of surplus ammo and wanted a more accurate platform than the AK I had to shoot it up. Later, I bought more AR's because powerful people where demanding I not have one.

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
I could maybe see Palmetto State Armory doing something like this, but I'll guarantee S&W won't do anything of the sort.
to each his own opinion--for me this just needs to be left alone and move on .
with the loss of life , the so called Peaceful Demonstartions, etc.
while i expected this outcome, the young man was lucky not to be found guilty on some random charge and in my opinion he surely used poor judgement to get himself in this position to start with.

·
Registered
80 Posts
While there are certainly some who probably would be drawn to a gun with Ritt's name on it, the idea seems in poor taste. It'll certainly do nothing to enhance his image and probably little or nothing for the mfgrs and sellers. And then after the initial "thrill" wears off, who'll want it?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I bought an AR a few years back; mainly to see if I would enjoy owning one.

I didn't because, being a suburbanite the only place for me to shoot one was a my indoor range (outdoor ranges are too far). Lane area felt too cramped to work with a rifle (to me).

If I owned some open land, I think I would enjoy having one.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I bought an AR a few years back; mainly to see if I would enjoy owning one.

I didn't because, being a suburbanite the only place for me to shoot one was a my indoor range (outdoor ranges are too far). Lane area felt too cramped to work with a rifle (to me).

If I owned some open land, I think I would enjoy having one.
I bought one for pretty much the same reason. I do enjoy owning & shooting it but have to drive 25 miles each way to an outdoor range. If you're having to drive considerably further than that then I don't blame you for not wanting to either.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
While there are certainly some who probably would be drawn to a gun with Ritt's name on it, the idea seems in poor taste. It'll certainly do nothing to enhance his image and probably little or nothing for the mfgrs and sellers. And then after the initial "thrill" wears off, who'll want it?
Only if Rittenhouse were to get a considerable royalty, for each one sold, to help fund his recent legal fees as well as the ones that are surely to come in the future.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ritenhouse would be will advised to keep a low profile at least until the “dust” settles around his case. Having his name on an AR will do nothing but keep the fires going with the leftist media rhetoric. He has given some interviews and from all appearances, he seems to be enjoying the limelight. Uninformed leftist ASU students are protesting his acceptance for taking classes there. He should forget ASU. If he wins all the defamation suits his lawyers are filing, he will be fixed for life anyway.

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
I gots an AR wiff some guy by the name of Bushmaster on the side of it, anybuddy know him?

Hand Arm Facial expression Vertebrate World

1 - 20 of 21 Posts