Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 300 handloads with non jacked bullets some one food me u cant shit them from a 709 be cuase the barrell would foul out jist wondering was this true

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
They'll shoot fine. You may have to work a little harder cleaning your barrel though. I shoot a lot of lead in my semis, with no other issues.

Reactions: sasquatch40

·
Registered
304 Posts
What Smokewagon said. But I'd also be careful with handloads, I'll only shoot those I loaded myself or those I know have been loaded by someone who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess il shoot a few to see how the barell reacts.does anyone k le where i can get after market barrel for my 709?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone who makes an aftermarket barrel for the 709.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shot one of those cast reloads and followd it up wirh a fmj and the fmjprojectole gotstuckin the barrel Guess That answerd myquestion thourally no more Hans loeded cast bulletts in my gun!!!!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shot one of those cast reloads and followd it up wirh a fmj and the fmjprojectole gotstuckin the barrel Guess That answerd myquestion thourally no more Hans loeded cast bulletts in my gun!!!!!!!
Holy crap man! Is it stuck real good? Got a piece of leather, vise, wooden dowel, and hammer handy?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it out. Pushed ir through Sitn a dowel and mallet im wondering If castlead Did it orifit was the tulammo round has anyone had anything similar happen

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
Likely a very low or no, powder charge.

Reactions: sasquatch40

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I shoot lead almost exclusively in all my guns, I have never had a problem like you described.

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad you got it out. Never shot Tul ammo. But if you only shot a few lead rounds it shouldn't have fouled the barrel that badly, I'm with Smokewagon, sounds like a squib round. Make sure to check that barrel for damage before you shoot again.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I haven't shot reloads through my 709 yet, having problems finding primers. But I have been shooting LRN's in ALL my semi's for almost 25 years and I have no problem at all.

I will always shoot a magazine of FMJ at the end of the day to help remove some of the lead and take them home and do a good cleaning.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have put a lot of lead reloads through all of my pistols. I do not load the lead much over the minimum load and they work fine. Currently I am shooting 3.7 gr of titegroup behind a 125 gr LCN and they function and group better than the FMJs I shoot. I have had some leading problems with new barrels, but after they are broken in the leading seems to be minimized.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

Don't reload while drinkin liquor.... Got spell check?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Posting in a hurry from a smartphone can get you into that situation as well!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts