Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope not! Lately I have noticed that AR's and Ak's are slowly trickling in and the gun stores in my area. In fact I went in to one lgs two days ago that had four AR's and two AK's and those guns were STILL THERE when I visited again this morning! Prices were normal too!

·
Registered
306 Posts
The LGS I use sadly actually only has AR's and AK's their pistol and ammo selection is what is low, kind of weird when the media is making a bigger deal out of "assault rifles" as opposed to semi-auto pistols.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Local reloading supply store just got in 2 Dillion 550 kits! Presses are almost as hard to come by as ammo!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think I've seen an AR getting sold almost every visit to my LGS. Used the range today and saw a fella signing papers on one at the register.

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Maybe it's people starting to realize that an AR is worthless if you can't find ammo?
I think this is dead spot on.

I almost bought a couple of 9mm handguns at my LGS this week but no 9mm ammo on the shelf - and if you've followed me for any time here, you know I don't have any 9mm so never had any need to keep any ammo around.

While no 5.56 there is .223 available but it is relatively expensive.

The only AR variants I've seen are .22 caliber varieties. No AKs seen since December.

Now, that said, I absolutely plan to expand my firearms collection to include 9mm this year and I will also snatch up the first AK I see.

Reactions: dwhite

·
Registered
248 Posts
What is the reasonable price? Haven't seen anything new around here BUT I haven't tried in the last month. How's that for helpful!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
my lgs was loaded with all kinds of guns today, maybe a good sign. :thumb: .............still not alot of ammo. :icon_ cry:

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the reasonable price? Haven't seen anything new around here BUT I haven't tried in the last month. How's that for helpful!
Prices were around $1200 for AR's all DPMS but can't remember model. One AK was around $1300 but it was a Krebbs Customs. Other was an Arsenal and can't remember the price.

·
32,854 Posts
I went and bought two Ruger PC-9s a last year and have a Beretta CX-4 as well. That way I've got carbines to go along with the AR-15 as well. The 9x19 shares the same magazines( for the Ruger P95s and PC-9s) with my pistols, same ammo, and anyone is the house can use them as well as they are user friendly.

If there is a 5.56x45 drought at least I can still have a long arm with some punch at short to medium urban ranges.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The wife & I made a trip to northern Hellaware 2 weeks ago and checked out 2 gun shops.. The first gun shop had a large selection of firearms in every shape and caliber. I counted 7 ar15s and a few ak47s. They had just received a new shipment the day before.. Ammo slim to non.. The second stop on the tour had plenty of guns of all sizes but slim on ammo.. I ask about 22s and was told that if I could use 22 shorts he had a 1000 at a good deal.. My luck I can only use 22 long rifle.. It was a nice day and I picked a few magazines..

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I think most of the people succumbing to I gotta have one panic buying have already bought one or two.Factor in that the economy isn't that great and extra money is hard enough to come by and there you have it.Ammo not withstanding.People who over pay for guns will over pay for ammo too.
Stock at my LGS is the best it has been since pre insanity.I hope it improves and ammo catches up as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts