Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in from a ruff day at work and just HAD to go make some cans dance and take a pop at a turtle or two in a 40mph wind gusting to who the heck knows. Got me to wondering, is it ever to windy to shoot? Me thinks....naah, no way. The only way it's to windy to shoot is if the wind blows the flame out of the primer.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well, we had 70mph, with 2 inches of rain per hour. You could not have seen the can long enough before it blew away!! to shoot it.

·
Administrator
40,671 Posts
How 'bout 101 degrees today and blowing sand? Must be that globular warming they been harpin' about.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think I'll stop complaining about how hot SC is considering y'all folks down in Texas have to deal with heat and flying sand. However I guess y'all don't have to pay to have something sand blasted, just set it out before work and when you get back you're all set.

Back to subject.

I don't think just plinking it could ever be to windy, if you were working on a group at about 300yds you may want to wait for a calm day.

·
Super Moderator
21,942 Posts
The guys in Iraq are doing a fine job in the wind and sand. Might want to were one of those funny looking bandanas. I agree with Gunfunn unless your going out to 300 yards you should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
21,942 Posts
Its my best friends son he's on his second tour. He joined after it all started, he's a great guy just like his Dad.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Well God Bless Him and tell his father to tell him I said thank you for serving your country unselfishly.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
It's possible to be too windy but around here its more likely to be too cold (with the wind).

Steelheart

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Steelheart said:
It's possible to be too windy but around here its more likely to be too cold (with the wind).

Steelheart
I remember going to the range this last winter and thinking, "what the hell am I doing out here?" :shooter:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I remember going to the range this last winter and thinking, "what the hell am I doing out here?" :shooter:
The last time I thought it was too cold/windy was mid April so....

For actual winter shooting I drive as close to where I'll be shooting as possible and keep the vehicle running for a warm place to load magazines. But as I tend to shoot on private property thats usually real close. :D

Steelheart

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
You don't shoot right out the window? I guess there would be the problem of flying brass. My bad. :shooter: :shooter:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
You don't shoot right out the window? I guess there would be the problem of flying brass. My bad. :shooter: :shooter:
Nah, I don't want to have to clean the powder residue off the inside of the Jeep. Besides, I'm not that lazy (yet).

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Steelheart said:
Nah, I don't want to have to clean the powder residue off the inside of the Jeep. Besides, I'm not that lazy (yet).

Steelheart
Is it wrong if I am that lazy? :) ;D

I've been out shooting in 50 knots, with gusts to 75. Let me tell you, a .22 does NOT fly straight in a 50 knot crosswind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts