Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
With an understanding of 'mission creep', I would never support something like this, but...

So far, it seems it would only apply to Warren Buffet, Tim Gietner, and most of the White House staff, and other federal employees. It could be fun to watch their own beast bite the hand that feeds it. :D

Unfortunately, in reality we know 'they' get an out, and it will only be used against US.

·
Administrator
35,276 Posts
Not to be overly critical of the source, but I counted at least three spelling and grammatical errors just in the first page alone. What is this organization, and who do they represent?

I tend to tie spelling and grammar with legitimacy. Maybe thats wrong, but personally I think if you have good information, and you're trying to be a good source for news, then you should at least take the time to make sure you've written it correctly.

·
Administrator
35,276 Posts
Thank you for the more legitimate looking link. ;D What is scary about this, is that they can just accuse you initially of owing > $50,000 and your name gets put into a database of some sort. Good luck getting it removed.

More scary, is that to make this work, they would have to make illegal any face to face purchases. That would be the next step, then our rights are on the way to being in line with Australia and England. Good luck getting them back after that.

I think this is something everybody's congress critters should hear about. Loudly.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a bad habit of skimming and picking from the middle whenever a jolt of caffeine causes me to perk up. Because of that, I almost decided I (and others) were being moronically paranoid. Then, I went back and followed the logic, as Jones suggested.

Yup, they are up to absolutely no good.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Not to be overly critical of the source, but I counted at least three spelling and grammatical errors just in the first page alone. What is this organization, and who do they represent?

I tend to tie spelling and grammar with legitimacy. Maybe thats wrong, but personally I think if you have good information, and you're trying to be a good source for news, then you should at least take the time to make sure you've written it correctly.
These are excellent points...one and all. :thumb:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Put me on a list if you want, come and get my guns if you dare but you better bring plenty of wooden boxes.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thank you for the more legitimate looking link. ;D What is scary about this, is that they can just accuse you initially of owing > $50,000 and your name gets put into a database of some sort. Good luck getting it removed.

More scary, is that to make this work, they would have to make illegal any face to face purchases. That would be the next step, then our rights are on the way to being in line with Australia and England. Good luck getting them back after that.

I think this is something everybody's congress critters should hear about. Loudly.
Did you just type that Alex Jones is a legitimate source? Is that like NASA quoting Art Bell?

·
Registered
867 Posts

I guess I'm wrong too then. The spelling/grammar errors, more times than not, seem to correlate directly with the legitimacy of the source. I figure if they aren't careful enough to proofread what they are writing, they probably also haven't done their due diligence in verifying the facts before passing them along to the masses. I used to think I was just being overly critical sometimes, but I have wasted too much time reading things full of spelling/grammar errors just to find out that there is no/little basis for the accusations. Not sure if that's the case here, but I think you have a pretty good rule of thumb.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Be careful, they can shoot back.

Some of you may already this but I just became aware of it when the FOP range I belong to was recently shut down for a day and a half because the IRS was using it for training. So, I thought, why are IRS agents going through firearms training/qualifications. This is what I found:

IRS Firearms Training and Qualification

So, what federal agency is not armed these days?

Sounds like a lot or redundancy in federally armed agencies but what the heck do I know, I just pay my taxes and help pay for their salaries, weapons and ammo.

·
10,379 Posts
Hell, in the day and age where the Department of Education has its own SWAT team, I'd be amazed if the friggin' tax collectors didn't have some form of an armed division.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I like to call this type of mind set as "Custers Mistake" there are more of us than them and we're armed.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Don't count on the dollar amount. That could be all of us in a couple of years. The Income Tax started out to be for only 2% of the people.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
977 Posts
Well Im not foolish enough to believe that Id survive if I fought back, but as someone else said,theyd better bring a bunch of boxes or atleast a truckfull of those nifty little plastic FEMA coffins. I dont know about you guys but Ive got level 4 strike plates lol

·
Registered
848 Posts
This coming from an agency whose head (Tiny Timmy Geithner) is one of the biggest tax cheats ever.
It's just out of control, and I hope we can reign this bunch of crooks in.

Reactions: Zylo_X
1 - 20 of 32 Posts