1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I'm not sure "wine" is the word i would personally use for most of those! :D :D :D

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I wouldn't know the difference between a $2 bottle and a $200 bottle of wine. #BeerMe

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Dang. No Boar's Head. When I was stationed in Norfolk in the mid 60's, we could get Boar's Head at the local 7-11 for 89 cents a quart. Two quarts - drunk for 24 hours, and cleaned out for a week. Aged in cardboard for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I am a bit disappointed that Cherry Manischewitz and Wild Irish Rose were excluded.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Do they make a Gentleman Jack flavored Wine?

Whiskey 2.gif

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
That was hilarious. the coffee one is just as.... educational?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Anybody remember Bali Hai or Ripple wine?
Back in the day when I joined the Ohio National Guard we'd drink this stuff on kp duty (unbeknownst to our superiors) along with whiskey, gin and topped off with beer chasers. :chug:
Didn't take too long to become a teetotaler with a combination such as this, but then I was just 19 years old.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Ahhh gone are the days of $1 a bottle libations...

"What's the word, THUNDERBIRD, what's the price, 50 twice" :puke:
I was starting to get disappointed that no one mentioned Thunderbird, but I suppose you beat me to it. I've never been so hammered in my life than getting a pizza and a few bottles of Thunderbird to finish off a $20.00 bill (I think it was up to $4 a bottle when I bought it). It taught me that when the room is spinning as I lay in bed, just drop a foot on the floor and everything will become stable again.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"when the world starts spinning and your head hurts, cheap bourbon whiskey and pearl snap shirts...."

I was starting to get disappointed that no one mentioned Thunderbird, but I suppose you beat me to it. I've never been so hammered in my life than getting a pizza and a few bottles of Thunderbird to finish off a $20.00 bill (I think it was up to $4 a bottle when I bought it). It taught me that when the room is spinning as I lay in bed, just drop a foot on the floor and everything will become stable again.

Reactions: Montkun

·
Registered
9,166 Posts

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Boones Farm was is one of the few wines I would drink when I was young and carefree. I thought
the strawberry and apple flavors were the best they made. Back then I would drink anything that
my palette would tolerate though. Many of the girls I hung around with liked Boones Farm so it was
a popular choice whenever we would go pick up something to drink. It does have a better and sweeter
flavor than MD 20/20 and Wild Irish Rose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts