Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
I am expecting the lowlifes to migrate to Illinois, their last place of refuge and prosperity in the US.

Reading the article I took notice of the guy who lifted up his shirt when asked if he was carrying. A better response would have been "none of your business".

·
Registered
31,768 Posts
The comments were fun to follow, although positive comments far outweighed the stupid comments!

Reactions: ACE35

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The new law is good. When we moved from Iowa the one thing I liked was the ease of getting a permit to carry Minnesota, it had gotten to the point that the sheriff in Marshall County practicually wanted to do a prostate exam before he would issue a permit. I had a permit for about twenty years, but let it expire rather than give into his demands. When I went out on service calls at night the wife and I both carried figuring our safety was worth more than the penalty for carrying without a permit! Now I can go back to Iowa and carry legally on my Minnesota permit

One of the sheriff's deputies was qualifying when the wife and I were shooting our qualifications ( both of us passed on the first try ) and the deputy had to shoot the course five or six times before she qualified. I later heard she had made the comment, that she could shoot the eye out of a running rabbit at 25 yards!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
I later heard she had made the comment, that she could shoot the eye out of a running rabbit at 25 yards!!!
Sounds like she would need a 10 gauge, cylinder bore with 7 birdshot. :D

·
Registered
31,768 Posts
^ Maybe if she ever shoots at you, you should just remain very very still!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I enjoyed reading the article.

Thanks for posting the link.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Way to go Iowa! and as far as the lady officer who could not qualify on the first or second go around, if a lot of blind rabbits show up in your town you know who did it.

·
Registered
31,768 Posts
I made the mistake of posting comments on the article and I'm into it with a liberal over operation Fast and Furious. When will I ever learn not to argue with a liberal? It's a lot simpler just to hit them over the head with a club!

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
I made the mistake of posting comments on the article and I'm into it with a liberal over operation Fast and Furious. When will I ever learn not to argue with a liberal? It's a lot simpler just to hit them over the head with a club!
I was tempted to post there and saw yours. If you give that "Daily Kos" crowd a target, they will sling mud. Still, I congratulate you for speaking your mind (now I have to get back to that article to read their propaganda).

edit: That guy from Iowa State is a die hard Liberal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm glad I live in a state that the permit allows me to carry in all the states I regularly travel in and through!!!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I especially like this comment:

Absolutely no reason whatsoever that anyone needs to carry a handgun. Period.
Is it sad to think that people are still this naive about the world we live in?

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

It is sad in one way. Good in another. Many have never experienced the real dangers around them and that's great. Sad the brain disengaged but it's great that they have had no need for defence. Had 2 hard core anti gunners convert in the last 3 years. Both came to me because they knew I was pro gun and both because as single women they had situations come up that having a gun would have been nice. Sorry they had to wake up that way but it is what it is. They are both OK and neither suffered and physical damage. One now carries the other is in the process of learning about gun safety and figuring out if she wants to carry or just have one in the house. We will see how it goes. I won't push her to carry but if she decides not to I'll encourage pepper spray or a taser at least.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
It is sad in one way. Good in another. Many have never experienced the real dangers around them and that's great.
Lack of first hand experience isn't an excuse for baseless (and dangerous) assumptions like the one I quoted. Kind of like: I don't need a car to get around because everything is within walking distance, therefor, cars are unnecessary for everybody.

Reactions: here2serve

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

Maybe the people who make these type of comments are really saying "I cannot trust myself with a firearm and therefor no one can be trusted with a firearm".

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lack of first hand experience isn't an excuse for baseless (and dangerous) assumptions like the one I quoted. Kind of like: I don't need a car to get around because everything is within walking distance, therefor, cars are unnecessary for everybody.
I did mention they disengaged the brain

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I think the increase in my county is due to all the publicity the media gave the new law as Linn has been a shall issue county since 08. I wish MN would recognize an IA CWP as now IA allows all other states permit's. It may be because ours is a concealed weapons permit meaning I can carry any weapon I can conceal short of a grenade launcher.

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
I think the increase in my county is due to all the publicity the media gave the new law as Linn has been a shall issue county since 08. I wish MN would recognize an IA CWP as now IA allows all other states permit's. It may be because ours is a concealed weapons permit meaning I can carry any weapon I can conceal short of a grenade launcher.
Unfortunately, in the world of politics, Iowa may have to send a message that MN CWP licensees aren't welcome in your state in order to get all MN voters to raise the heat on their elected officials to allow IA permit holders to carry in MN. I hate to suggest that anyone curtail freedoms anywhere, but that is the way the world works.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Unfortunately, in the world of politics, Iowa may have to send a message that MN CWP licensees aren't welcome in your state in order to get all MN voters to raise the heat on their elected officials to allow IA permit holders to carry in MN. I hate to suggest that anyone curtail freedoms anywhere, but that is the way the world works.
Guess I was hoping that since we went from not recognizing the MN permit ( or any other state for that matter) to recognizing ALL other states that MN would reciprocate and allow ours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts