Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I am a newbe as of yesterday to your forum. I am also a newbe to both Taurus and to revolvers. I own several handguns but have always prefered semi autos, until now. I jumped in with both feet and puchased a Raging Bull in 454 with the 6.5 barrel. Wow!!!. Now this thing is a GUN!!! I live in northern Maine and want to try handgun hunting deer and moose, the RB 454 seemed like the tool for the job.

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Premium Member
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

Super Moderator

Registered
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

Registered
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

Registered
Welcome from New Mexico...Wow talk about going big or going home for the first revolver.

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everybody,
I ran 20 rounds of 45LC 230 gr 850fps and 20 rounds of 454 300gr 1650 fps through the gun. I am impressed with the quality of construction and accuracy of it. Let me say my groups were "better" with the 45LC than the 454 { can you say flinch?!!!!}. I was a little awestruck by both the report and recoil { although not as bad as I had been led to believe} I am sure it will get better with practice. I think after the Moose I might try hunting freight trains with it LOL.

On a personal note, I am a retired machinist / electric motor mechanic from southern New York state. I moved to northern Maine when I retired for the peace and quiet, the natural beauty of the place, and last but not least, the gun laws. I can go out in my back yard any time I want and shoot. Gotta love that!!! I spend most of my time either in my shop making shiny;pretty things, punching holes in paper, hunting or of course in winter, relocating snow LOL.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, Art

Premium Member
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Registered
Welcome from Arizona!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts