Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up a couple days ago, but held off on posting a thread about it until now because I knew that everyone would want to see some pics of it, and I wanted to take some nice ones in proper natural sunlight.

Introducing the Ruger SR1911 NRA Edition, originally offered as a promotional Gallery of Guns exclusive for a limited time from September to December of 2018, this Full-size all Stainless Steel 1911 features a black nitride treated slide laser etched with the Second Amendment as well as the NRA Logo, a Red Cerakoted frame, and Red G10 grips with a raised NRA Logo on them.

I ordered this beauty online about a week ago for my brother who has always wanted a 1911, but never quite had the money or the means to get one that he really wanted. I knew at first sight that he would love this one, it just felt so right. Wouldn't you know it, when I showed it to him, he loved it, so it was a done deal. It was sold brand new in box, priced just above MSRP, which seemed like a fair price considering that it's a Limited Edition pistol from a good three years ago, but regardless, it was worth it to me.

As you can see, the factory G10 Grips have been swapped out for a pair of Altamont grips with a snakeskin pattern. These were a pair of grips that my brother bought on clearance for a mere $20 over a year ago just because he liked them, but I think they look terrific on the gun. With the black slide, red frame, and white grips, it looks not unlike a Harlequin Coral Snake, which I feel is sort of fitting considering the Second Amendment is on the slide as well as it's snake-like colors remind me of that patriotic flag with the phrase "Don't tread on me" featured alongside a snake.

Over all, it's a terrific firearm which I'm very pleased to be able to help my brother finally obtain, and the fact that it's a special 1911 only makes it all more memorable. When something just sort of comes together out of the blue like this, you know that it was meant to be.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
It is a good thing you have done for your brother! I hope you told him if he gets broke and needs to sell it bring the gun to you and not some stranger. That way it stays in the family.

I think my next Ruger 1911 will be their Custom Shop version. Especially in these times they are hard to find.

Don

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
What a striking design! I initially thought that the grip panels looked like birch bark, which ties into the theme also.

Reactions: Tuco_Ramírez
1 - 5 of 5 Posts