Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good: I found a PT909 at a decent price at a local gun shop with two mags. It appears to be in good mechanical shape.
The bad: It looks like it was painted some odd color of FDE and black. Aesthetically it is horrid.

I was thinking about picking this thing up as a project. I had a 945 at one time so I know the drill there. What was the reputation of this gun back then?
It does not take 92/99 mags, right?

·
Registered
330 Posts
If I recall correctly, these guns do take the same magazines as a PT 92. It is the PT 908 that I believe is a single stack.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great looking pistols. Perhaps it is an issue with the base plate causing the 99 magazine not to seat in the 909?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gun was extremely dirty and looked like it had never been cleaned and was dry as a bone. It's cleaned up good but I've got to try to remove some of the overspray on the internal rails. For $200 it will make a good truck gun.

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Congrats on your new to you slide gun.

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts
If I recall correctly, these guns do take the same magazines as a PT 92. It is the PT 908 that I believe is a single stack.
PT92 Magazines WILL NOT work in the PT909 as they are too short.

PT909's had a very good reputation for reliability and accuracy. They are now somewhat collectible.

Were this my Pistol, I would have the Frame Assembly refinished in a matching Black to the Slide. I find Flat Dark Earth Everything annoying, but that's just me.

Taurus PT909B 9mm, 17 round Magazine Capacity, discontinued and replaced by PT809B

Reactions: mwj999 and Exile

·
Registered
536 Posts
I wish I would have grabbed up a 909 or one of the similar models back when they were everywhere. I hate FDE. Black or silver, or two toned, great, but no weird colors like FDE, which is just awful on anything. Almost as bad is the OD green on some guns.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
There is a PT908 on armslist right now locally for $275. Its been on there a couple of weeks and I thinking about offering him $225 and see whay he says. I don't need another 9mm but I like the platform and under $250 would be a good investment I think.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The gun was extremely dirty and looked like it had never been cleaned and was dry as a bone. It's cleaned up good but I've got to try to remove some of the overspray on the internal rails. For $200 it will make a good truck gun.
I would say you got your money worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts