Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was on a Southwest flight to Nashville at 7:30. She texts me at 8:20 to tell me they turned around due to engine trouble. Now she's sitting on the tarmac at Hobby surrounded by firetrucks.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
The fire trucks are most likely just be a precaution. It's when they spray foam on the runway that you have a problem!

Hopefully your wife is not like me and she actually built time into her travel schedule to account for things like this! :)

Glad it was minor!

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. they pulled up to a gate and disembarked, she's on her way to another plane at another gate. Pilot said an engine warning light came on. I actually appreciate them not taking any chances.

She doesn't actually have to be in place until late tomorrow. She's renting a car in Nashville, picking up another student that was supposed to arrive an hour after her, and driving to Knoxville. Spending the night in Knoxville with friends, picking up another student at Knoxville airport in the morning, then the three of them are driving to Kentucky.

They are all going for a clinical orientation for their MSN (Masters in Nursing) degrees.

So timing is not an issue.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
O.K. they pulled up to a gate and disembarked, she's on her way to another plane at another gate. Pilot said an engine warning light came on. I actually appreciate them not taking any chances.
In a situation like that it could be a $2 bulb or a major deal, it was the smart call.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well, at least the pilot made a good choice. Back when I was leaving Ft. Benning, we were flying from Columbus to Atlanta on a turboprop, and the plane wouldn't start! :eek: So they asked us to please be patient while they jump started the plane. I was wanting to get off and try another flight, but it all worked out okay.

As to your wife's second event, we had something similar happen flying out of O'Hare. We arrived from STL, and had to wait 1.5 hours on the plane because there was not a gate available. It turns out that our gate crew was out to lunch, and no one else was available to staff the gate, so we had to wait until they finished eating! :eek:

·
10,379 Posts
O.K. now they can't find a flight crew.............
ROFL, didn't they have one on the plane she just got off of? Last I checked the stewardesses aren't shackled to the planes<g>

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ROFL, didn't they have one on the plane she just got off of? Last I checked the stewardesses aren't shackled to the planes<g>
Really, and Southwest only flies one kind of plane so you can't blame equipment. They're telling them 11:00 A.M.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
They might be over Federal or union rules as to how much they can fly and be on duty. Like truck drivers which commercial aviation really is like trucking, they can only be on duty and flying for so long. Unlike truck drivers they cant pull off to the nearest cloud! :D If they are going to bust their time in the event they have to fly to their alternate they aren't going to fly.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
848 Posts
My wife was on a Southwest flight to Nashville at 7:30. She texts me at 8:20 to tell me they turned around due to engine trouble. Now she's sitting on the tarmac at Hobby surrounded by firetrucks.
Glen. Is this a roundabout way of you saying that your wife is hot?

BTW. You should use that to gain points. Just say: "Honey, you know the reason those fire trucks were there is just because you're so doggone hot." <I'm sure this line can be used to get you out of the dog house if need be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts