Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped in just for a chat today. After a half hour of pleasant conversation Pastor decided to share something with me. Last Sunday a young man in his twenties came to our early church service. It was his first visit to our church. After the service he asked if he could meet with Pastor. As usual, any visitor wanting to chat was met with open arms. As the chat proceeded, the young man divulged that the Devil has been talking to him directly and wants him to begin "sniping." The pastor/parishioner confidentiality rule does not hold when it involves future acs that would injure the person or others. Pastor notified the local police department. They sent an officer to interview him. They viewed the event as needing to be addressed immediately. The young man is living with his parents. When asked about firearms in the house, the father told police that there is an AR-15 in the house and other firearms. The police told the father that it is his responsibility to keep those firearms secure. The police recommended that their son get counseling. Wow, to date I have not concealed carried to church. That changes this coming Sunday.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Texas you often hear the term "BBQ gun." I wonder if there is such a thing as a "church gun." I'm thinking a small laser equipped 380 carried in the front pants pocket might work. Oh, and a spare mag in the other pocket.

·
Administrator
39,896 Posts
I refer to my Shield 40 as my church gun, since I carry it there more than any place else. Mainly for concealability value. Lots of hugging women at my church, and some have laid hands on the Shield, but none have even noticed, or said anything if they did. I carry it IWB and a spare mag in my back pocket.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I been CC in church since i got my LTC . We all pray for Gods protection which is the best thing to do but remember God gave every human a brain that thinks and makes decisions . Make decisions wisely !! In the bible every war you read about is told how it was/is fought . Most you’ll read is where the enemy was destroyed by the sword . And that’s not just talking about God speaking words , it’s meaning a physical sword . Only David that fought with a sling shot and 5 stones and won because David was known as a man after Gods own heart and he was brave but too young and small to yield a sword . Nothing wrong with a man of God carrying protection !!

BTW can anyone tell me why David got 5 stones ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I carry my Kahr CM9 in church every Sunday. It's IWB if I'm wearing a jacket; right front pocket if I'm not. Extra 7 rd mag in my left front pocket.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
If the kid knows the pastor is the one that filed a report, he may be the first target. Of course, a true man of God has a bigger target on his back than that.

I don't know of anyone who carries in our church, except for the two cops that regularly attend.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A recent discussion I had -- if it's a one-on-one encounter and a Christian dispatches an unbeliever, he's sending him straight to hell. If he fails to act in his own defense, he get's to meet his Savior. There was no question about what to do when it came to defending innocent people. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
I dropped in just for a chat today. After a half hour of pleasant conversation Pastor decided to share something with me. Last Sunday a young man in his twenties came to our early church service. It was his first visit to our church. After the service he asked if he could meet with Pastor. As usual, any visitor wanting to chat was met with open arms. As the chat proceeded, the young man divulged that the Devil has been talking to him directly and wants him to begin "sniping." The pastor/parishioner confidentiality rule does not hold when it involves future acs that would injure the person or others. Pastor notified the local police department. They sent an officer to interview him. They viewed the event as needing to be addressed immediately. The young man is living with his parents. When asked about firearms in the house, the father told police that there is an AR-15 in the house and other firearms. The police told the father that it is his responsibility to keep those firearms secure. The police recommended that their son get counseling. Wow, to date I have not concealed carried to church. That changes this coming Sunday.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is so much better way of handling this problem than jumping into a “Red Flag” confiscation! No one’s rights were trampled upon and everyone lived and a potential problem averted and I’m sure the young man (and his family) lives weren’t turned upside down. This is the way things were meant to play out as the founding fathers plans indicate. Family taking care of family and not having the government get involved in family matters!

·
Registered
18,980 Posts
And that's why I'm thinking front pants pocket.
:unsure:...so long as it's not mistaken for a "really glad to see me" kinda' thing...:mellow:...that could be awkward.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YESSIR !! As studies show the giant had 4 brothers , so 1+4=5 . I would say that David was a perfect shot ..... ?! ;)
As I understand it, a careful interpretation of Samuel Chapter 17 would lead one to conclude that Goliath had a brother and three sons that were giants. But yes, he may have needed 5 stones.

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts
Depending on your local and state laws, if you carry and are able to do so at church, I'd always advise doing so.
Heck if it's stainless steel I'd advise taking it in the shower.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Pastor did the right thing.

Had that happened in Fl. I'm fairly certain there would have been a gun confiscation of Dad's firearms under the new red flag laws.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.