Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something I got from Centerfire Systems this week. caracal

Here is a pretty good review of them also. http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2011/05/caracals-at-orsa-the-main-event.html

I will be by Centerfire sometime soon buying some bulk ammo and hope to check both of these out as far as feel in my hand. No I am not looking for another 9mm but the ergonomics on this gun fascinate me a bit as well as the review above.

Now for you that have never been to Centerfire it is a different kind of place. First it has no store or signs other than a small one on the side of a warehouse saying Centerfire pickup.. Once you go inside their is enough room for about 3 people and a counter with a computer. You ring a bell and someone comes up. At this point to tell them what you want to buy or see. They then go back and get it bringing it to the counter. There is no isles to walk down such as in Bud's as Centerfire is strictly and Internet type business that will sell to walkins..

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
This pistol is a first. I believe they are produced in the united Arab Emirates and it incorporates designs from europe and the middle east.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeap their from the UAE I've heard of them, for what they run... almost 500 bucks... they really don't trip my trigger and I'll be honest I have a problem buying a gun from the middle east, nevermind it's a new import and not many are out there so it's iffy if there will be good long term service for parts and any aftermarket accessory market. There's so many great 9mm's out there, if this was in the 300 dollar range I'd think about picking one up but closer to 500 is alota coin for what these are I think. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Give us a good range review and break down on assembly. I find it interesting that these pistols have sights, since most Arabs tend to leave where the bullet hits up to the "Will of Allah", i.e., they don't aim. They also look sort of like the H&K P7 without the squeeze cocker.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give us a good range review and break down on assembly. I find it interesting that these pistols have sights, since most Arabs tend to leave where the bullet hits up to the "Will of Allah", i.e., they don't aim. They also look sort of like the H&K P7 without the squeeze cocker.
I won't be buying one so doubt I will get that far in the process of evaluating this gun. As I stated I have all the guns and then some now that I will ever own, especially 9mm and 45 ACP. I might acquire some other 45 Colt or larger bore cowboy action rifles though. :) The ergonomics is what caught my eye as well capacity of them.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah it looks like a very comfortable gun to shoot I agree, theres some things that put me off other then it being an Arabian gun they have an optional "quick site" on them that... well I'll just post a pic...
this doesn't make sense to me at all but perhaps it works... or maybe it's "the will of Allah" :p it has that grove behind the front site but has the raised bump where a rear site would be prolly for racking the slide on a belt or holster I imagine. Just my first thought is why have a full size gun with the site radius of a snub nose revolver? I dunno it certainly wouldn't be a choice for my only pistol seems Waffenwerks is importing then though, to me it's more of a novelty then something I'd buy though.

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I like the one comment down about halfway =P

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I'm not sending any of my hard earn money to the Middle East, and the hypocrisy of that asshole in the video saying that it would be a good gun for women. As if any Arab country would allow women to carry a firearm, but apparently it's all right to take money from women in the USA.

Reactions: kaiged1

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
"The Caracal pistol is a series of semi-automatic pistols manufactured by Caracal International L.L.C.[1] a subsidiary of Tawazun Holding from the United Arab Emirates. Newly arrived on a competitive market, the Caracal pistol series are the first pistols made in the United Arab Emirates.

In 2007, Tawazun Holding L.L.C. - the wholly owned subsidiary of the United Arab Emirates Offset Program Bureau (OPB) - has acquired the assets of Caracal International.[2]

As of 2011 Caracal pistols are also manufactured in Germany by Caracal GmbH operating from Suhl in Thuringia.[3] Caracal GmbH is a subsidiary of the German hunting rifle and shotgun manufacturer Merkel GmbH[4] which was acquired by Caracal International L.L.C. in 2007."

OK, how about if they are German-made weapons? From Merkel?

The United Arab Emirates isn't your typical, it would appear to some, anyway, Arab government. It's more Western than some Western Countries. Turkey comes to mind. Yet, we don't have a problem with Turkish origins in guns.

"and the hypocrisy of that asshole in the video saying that it would be a good gun for women. As if any Arab country would allow women to carry a firearm, but apparently it's all right to take money from women in the USA."

The same thing could be said for China, sir, but I'm betting that you don't have a problem using their products. Hypocrisy has many faces, doesn't it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.