Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's one line in this article that says,

"The Dayton shooter used a 100-round magazine with 250 rounds of ammunition and an AR-15 pistol that was modified to act like a rifle;".

What does that even mean?

https://www.gainesville.com/opinion/20190812/editorial-gun-limits-have-long-tradition-in-us

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

"The Dayton shooter used a 100-round magazine with 250 rounds of ammunition and an AR-15 pistol that was modified to act like a rifle;".

https://www.gainesville.com/opinion/20190812/editorial-gun-limits-have-long-tradition-in-us
It means the writer has no idea of the facts of the case. Nor has any knowledge of firearms.

·
Super Moderator
36,368 Posts
Learned yesterday that he had a straw buyer for the gun and the body armor who stored it at the buyer's house so the shooter's parents wouldn't know he had them. I put the article in the Dayton shooter thread.

·
Registered
450 Posts
It’s like everything else, you are making a statement, whether right or wrong doesn’t matter, but everybody else is mad about something someone says so it must be true. Like I hate president Trump, and ask them why , and it’s because he’s a ass or because everyone else does. People without their own mind.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I think it means he had a 100 magazine, and another 250 rounds in conventional magazines. He also put a shoulder stock on an AR pistol, essentially making it an SBR.

·
Registered
36,445 Posts
A lot of non-gun owners read things like this and take it for the truth without question.
well now in fairness it was on the internet!!!!-----

Attachments

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
36,445 Posts

well it means he had a very, very good magazine loader to get that many rounds in the drum magazine, he had pockets that were obviously double stitched to handle that much weight in ammo, and he was using a Bruce Jenner manufacture AR that could not decide exactly whether it was a pistol, or a rifle.
well that's what I get out of this, your definition may differ.

·
Registered
18,969 Posts

He musta' loaded it with .089 caliber rounds.

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
Consider the signature drives they have at campuses across the US to ban Dihydrogen oxide. To the uneducated, any plausible story would be seen as correct.

Reactions: pegasus

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
There was a NY Times reporter last year that wrote a story about shooting an AR-15.

Said it was so powerful it actually bruised he shoulder. Now, he's either outright lying
or has a blood and/or muscular disorder he really needs to get checked out.

Someone last week wrote in a story that the ammo for "assault weapons" was made
specifically to explode muscular tissue. Apparently they were not aware of what "ball"
ammo is.

Point being though, people read this and believe it and you can't rationally convince them
otherwise.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: rago and olfarhors

·
Registered
36,445 Posts
This has been going on for a while, just not to this extent!
back when i was in the gun business had a guy come in wiht his wife, he wanted to buy an AR, his buddies that worked at a large Airlines here had pumped him up to get one.
his excuse was to hunt Deer with it.
well long story short(ER) his wife was talking and raising heck about how evil these guns were, and how powerful (obviousy had been watching or listening to some Liberla rag) anyway, so after a while of talking to the folks and explaining the difference i just finally grabbed a AR and a bolt action Remingtom in 300 Win mag.
laid them on the counter top.
I grabbed 2 boxes of shells and I opened the box , laid the 300 win mag shells next to the Ar and laid the 223 next to the bolt action.
her eyes galzed over and she let into her husband about being right and how deadly the AR was.
so after a minuet or to i said--OPPS__ I made a mistake and placed the correct shells next to the correct weapon.
you coudl hear a pin drop, bet the guy caught hell when he got home though!
ahh well a Lost sale but worth it to me!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I think it means he had a 100 magazine, and another 250 rounds in conventional magazines. He also put a shoulder stock on an AR pistol, essentially making it an SBR.
Did he? I haven't seen any pics of the actual weapon, but I know the guy who built the gun for the shooter wasn't charged with anything r/t the build. (he was charged with offenses r/t the 4473 ATF form) What I read in the MSM was that the pistol had a stabilizing brace that was designed to make the gun easier to shoot with one hand, which according to the ATF is perfectly legal for now. Of course the ATF could change their minds any minute and issue another directive. :( The thing is, stabilizing brace or stock, it really doesn't make a difference, except for people who care about accuracy, like defensive shooters. Murderers like the Dayton mass shooter are only concerned with spraying bullets, not hitting anyone in particular, so even if braces are someday illegal it won't change a thing as far as mass shootings.

·
Registered
36,445 Posts
yea bottom line people are the problem not the particualr weapon used.
if you get right down to it, even a full automatic weapon isn't a problem, neither is high capacity mags, or silencers, or anything else, its the loose screw behind the trigger thats the problem.
get your kids out of the basement and off the video games and spending all day on the internet and maybe out doing some chores and work and we might see a decline in this ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts