Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
A 22 mile chase in terror. Thank God for cell-phones and 911. I'm sorry that Gary and his bride had to go through all that.

Me? Little old me? I'd'a been scared spitless. But after a mile or so my carry would have been out and handy, my cell phone busy, it's camera clicking, and I'm looking for a LEO.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
That was just crazy, thank God it's not the 1980's anymore. Much easier access to help from just about anywhere nowadays.

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
That is exactly why after 1981, I never traveled anywhere without a gun handy in the car. Prior to that, it was just on trips.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Very interesting read. You just never know when you may need to be armed. I try to be armed all the time, now.

·
Super Moderator
35,522 Posts
Thanks for posting. It is a good reminder that the "victim" (shooter) will always be characterized as the aggressor by the Prosecutor and/or the BG's family. Whatever they get in evidence or words will be turned and spun to make their case. Best advice, don't give it to them.

For the cost of factory SD rounds, it's simply not worth using your handloads in your CCW or home defense firearm. The Attorney's will use that much as they used Gary's class III weapon against him. Yes he was acquitted, but the cost to him in dollars and anguish might have been avoided.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Lucky he had that AC556 to stop the scumbags.

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
The more I read, the more I am concerned.
I am driving some people home from work at the moment. Their car is broke. Thay asked to stop at their bank, in the center of our town. OK...went to the drive through to cash this guys check, office closed. Their is a problem with the check or his card or something, he gets out of my van to talk into the drive thru mic.....a "dude" with the pants hanging down walks uo to the drive thru window....I do not like this...then in the outer, closed, lane another car drives just past the chute thingy and stops. I asked my passenger to get back in the car, I want to go...nearly done he said....NO get in the car or walk....he retrieves his check and card and gets in. I drive off... I explained to him and his wife what I think is going on.....OH NO cant be...well I didn't want to risk it!
Got to look at FL law about a gun in the car.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Something I always do is activate my video or voice recorder if an altercation happens I have the Apps on the front of my smart phone. It helps to record everything said and stops the he said she said crap. I have used it only once when a gang banger down the street and his dad decided to almost run over me walking my dogs. They never new they were being video taped and what could have been something more then it was. What could have been my word against two was put to rest vary quickly. The cops said I jumped out in front of them and started the whole thing. although the tape was started after the initial contact it was vary clear who the aggressor was and what they threatened. When they came back I just could not believe they were going to take their word over mine. So I showed them the tape and they changed their mind vary quickly and asked if I wanted to press charges. I did not at the time because I did not want a known gang member attacking my family but have the tape secure incase anything happens. I was not armed at the time as I was two houses away from my house in a vary nice quit neighborhood. You just never know!!!!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
597 Posts
These are reasons that while my eyes are open I am strapped either concealed or open carry. You just never know. It sure isn't like it was when I was growing up.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing the link with us.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
These kind of gun/ gang crimes are nothing new to me. I grew up with this stuff in my neighborhood and I am almost 50. I knew it was just a matter of time before it spread to the nicer neighborhoods.

There was a trend in our type of neighborhoods, when a family made enough money to leave, you got the heck out and into a nicer neighborhood. This left just other poor folks for the scum to steal from.

At some point the criminal element got tired of stealing from people who had nothing and they realized that when the wealthier people packed up and left the neighborhood, they took all the good stuff with them, so now the criminals must go to the suburbs and ritzier neighborhoods to get the good stuff.

Plus those suburbs and ritzy neighborhoods are great places to setup housing since it is safer than the ghetto, you just have to blend in.

So here we are today, if you do not live in a gated and armed patrol community, you are on your own for your protection and no place is safe from crime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts