Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
That IS an interesting take on the ammo situation - and then some. His advice about getting and staying in shape is primo, to be sure. But like one or two others ;) on this forum, the replacement knee isn't suited for radical movements.

Aside from that, what he writes has a lot of good sense to it, especially that one about situational awareness when out in public. And don't get into arguments with strangers - they may be much stranger than you expect.

·
Super Moderator
21,934 Posts
I think now more than ever being in condition yellow, or a heightened sense of awareness is going to be the norm from now on.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
My advice -- keep looking. You will not find yesterday's prices so get used to paying more. If you need it, you will pay more within your personal budget. Add a bit at a time -- that way the sticker shock is minimized.

I don't reload so I have to be aware of what's available online and locally.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
Reloading still holds as a viable long term solution along with finding deals that you may come across. What I do notice however is more and more people are slimming down their inventories to what they believe will be the predominant calibers. The problem with that is during runs on ammo, the popular cartridges go first. Having at least one less popular chambering might allow you to find ammo when the 9mm, 45ACP and 380 stuff disappears.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
What remains to be seen is the availability of 7.62x39
Russia isn't the only country that makes the AK ammo. I'm surprised China isn't shipping in boatloads of the stuff as Biden would never oppose them.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Russia isn't the only country that makes the AK ammo. I'm surprised China isn't shipping in boatloads of the stuff as Biden would never oppose them.
Only if he & snorty got their piece of the action 1st.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
Only if he & snorty got their piece of the action 1st.
I don't think China would mind the Big guy getting 10% cut of what's offered to Hunter. It would make more strategic sense to China to provide us a means of killing ourselves to make their conquest in the future easier.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
37,123 Posts
Reloading still holds as a viable long term solution along with finding deals that you may come across. What I do notice however is more and more people are slimming down their inventories to what they believe will be the predominant calibers. The problem with that is during runs on ammo, the popular cartridges go first. Having at least one less popular chambering might allow you to find ammo when the 9mm, 45ACP and 380 stuff disappears.

Yea I still don't see a lot of 38 Super or 41 Magnum on the shelves here, maybe I( need a few odder calibers??
course honestly if you have the stuff to reload the 38 Super then you pretty much have the stuff to reload 9 MM as well.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Well, I heard there's a new military surplus store opening in Kabul - it's called Traitor Joe's.
That's Hillary-ous & fits the bill alright. 🤣

Reactions: daytonaredeye
1 - 12 of 12 Posts